Thread: A Sign of Things to Come?

MLB ERA

Braves A Sign of Things to Come?

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    Chipper Jones hopes to need only a couple of days off after injuring his right hamstring on Sunday morning.
    Jones said he first felt some soreness during infield practice, but it didn't really bother him until he had to shut down his batting practice session. "I felt it pretty good right-handed in the cage and then I took two swings to see how it felt left-handed, and I figured I’d stop it," Jones said. "Just overextended it a little bit."
    It sounds like it won't that bad but with Chipper you never know. The Braves need Chipper in the lineup at least 150 games.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Re: A Sign of Things to Come?

It wouldn't be a typical summer in Atlanta without Chipper being on the DL for a substantial amount of time.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

In the last 4 years Chipper has appeared in an average of 122.5 games during a season. Chipper would like to at least play in 150 games which he has not done so since the 2003 season when he had a .305 AVG, 27 HRs and 106 RBIs.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

At least now they have Teixeira. Braves couldn't rely on just Andruw when Chipper was out. Teixeira is a guy that really took to the NL and proved me wrong.

MLB ERA

You have to hope (if you're a Braves fan) that Chipper can find a few more years of health, but as he continues to age, it is more and more likely that he is a 120 game/yr max player

MLB ERA

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up until he proves he can play a full season. As long as he makes the most out of the AB's that he does have..