Thread: Braves get Kotsay for Devine

Braves get Kotsay for Devine

Braves acquired outfielder Mark Kotsay and cash from the Athletics for RHP Joey Devine and RHP Jamie Richmond.
    We wouldn't mind the idea of taking a flier on Kotsay if the only cost was the cash, but Devine might have been more help than Kotsay this year, to say nothing of 2009 and beyond. The Braves have to hope Kotsay regains some range in center field following last year's back surgery. He's almost certain to be a liability offensively. It's possible his addition will bump Josh Anderson off the roster, though Anderson could still get a look as a reserve. The A's can now go with Chris Denorfia in center field and likely will be better off for it, assuming that Denorfia is healthy.
    I'm sorry, but this is just asinine. I wouldn't give Kotsay a 2 year deal if he was a free agent for anything over 3 mil per, let alone trade DEVINE for him. Joey isn't too special in my mind, but he's got closer potential, while the only potential Kotsay has is to land on the DL 4 times next season.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Braves get Kotsay for Devine

Say hello to Frank Wren's reign of terror.

MLB ERA

Re: Braves get Kotsay for Devine

Bad move. Kotsay is too much of a liability.
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Say hello to Frank Wren's reign of terror.
    Thought the same thing.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."