Thread: A Name to Watch for

MLB ERA

A Name to Watch for

Jon Gilmore, last year's pick by the Braves in the Supplemental draft after the first round, is a kid to watch for. He is 6'3", should peak out about 215 or so and could be ready to play 3B in Atlanta as soon as 2011. He could slide in when Chipper is ready to finally hang 'em up for the last time. He's 19 now and is a really nice kid.
    Just a heads up.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Re: A Name to Watch for

In his first year as a professional, Jon Gilmore hit .335 with 3 homers and 29 RBI. He led the Danville Braves in total bases and BA. His fielding is coming along.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Him and Heyward are our future. Too lazy to look up exactly what Heyward's numbers were this season, but I recall them being good.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

Hopefully living in SC I'll be able to keep up with the younger braves in the minors.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."