Thread: He Came And He Went

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Braves He Came And He Went

The Braves will place Tom Glavine back on the disabled list with a strained left elbow.
    That was quick. Glavine allowed seven runs and seven hits in a four-inning outing on Thursday in his first start back from a two-month stint on the DL. He had never been on the disabled list before his three trips this year, and there's a chance this could be the end of both his season and his career.
    I really hope his career doesn't end like this. Glavine is one of the best lefties of his generation and is a definite HOFer. He had an amazing career and hopefully it won't end because of this. We will have to wait and see.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: He Came And He Went

Tom Glavine has been ruled out for this season, and expects to need surgery after meeting with Dr. James Andrews this week.
    "I would be surprised, if not shocked, if he doesn't tell me I need to get it [the elbow] fixed," Glavine said. He reportedly has a torn flexor tendon in his left elbow, and said he would need 3-4 months of rehab and then he'd be able to decide if he wanted to attempt a comeback. If Dr. Andrews says he needs Tommy John surgery, he'd retire without undergoing the procedure.
    Looks like we have seen the last of Glavine. What a shame!

MLB ERA

I sure hope he won't retire but great things can't last forever. I'm sure he started thinking about when I was placed on the DL for the first time in his career.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    He Came And He Went
    That what SHE said!

Wooooo!