Thread: Braves | Glavine expects to pitch in 2008

Braves Braves | Glavine expects to pitch in 2008

Braves | Glavine expects to pitch in 2008
    Fri, 2 Nov 2007 09:54:04 -0700 Marty Noble, of MLB.com, reports free agent SP Tom Glavine (Mets) is leaning towards pitching in 2008 and it is believed he would prefer to sign with the Atlanta Braves so he can be closer to home.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Braves | Glavine expects to pitch in 2008

The Braves did not make free agent Tom Glavine an offer while meeting with his agent in Arizona on Wednesday.
    Once they do, a deal could be struck quickly. "They feel he can play a key role and put them in position to contend for another world championship," agent Gregg Clifton told FOXSports.com. "They know how much he wants to do that." Ken Rosenthal believes a one-year, $8 million contract would be sufficient.
    I have no doubt this deal gets done when Glavine passes his physical.

MLB ERA

I would love to see Glavine in a Braves uniform.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Braves will announce Monday that they've signed Tom Glavine to a one-year, $8 million contract.
    $8 million for Glavine is pretty good. What does hurt is that the Braves are giving their rivals a first-round pick here, especially since Andruw Jones will only bring a supplemental pick in return (and that's if he's offered arbitration). The Mets will also get a supplemental pick after the first round.
    Smoltz, Hudson, Glavine and possibly Hampton makes for a better rotation. I wonder who the Braves will bring in to hit with Chipper.

I dunno, prolly that Teixeira dude.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

LOL I did forget about Mark. So who plays CF next season? Please don't say Willie Harris.

MLB ERA

Willie Harris!
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Scott Hairson, lol.

It'll prolly be a guy acquired via FA (mid level) or a trade acquisition.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I think this is what Glavine really wished for. He should really bolster their rotation. At least gives the Braves a quality lefty and usually reliable for making 30+ starts a year.

Nice move Braves!!