Thread: Warm Welcome for Teixeira

MLB ERA

Braves Warm Welcome for Teixeira

Teixeira was first seen in a Braves uniform tonight against the Astros. He came out of the clubhouse into the dugout to meet everyone. He was than shown on the big scoreboard out in center field and the fans at Turner Field welcomed Teixeira with open arms.

I wouldn't doubt that he will be in the lineup tomorrow in Game 2.

I do not mind having Teixeira on the team. Specially since he came Gtech. I just hope him and the pitcher they got works out awesome for what they gave up.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Warm Welcome for Teixeira

There's no question that Braves fans are going to grit their teeth a bit if Salty plays to potential, especially when he is dirt cheap and Tex is on a fat contract, but I think the deciding factor on this move and the Dotel move is if the Braves get to the playoffs and if they change their recent performance there and show why going for broke with the trades they did were worth the payoff.

This changes the whole Braves lineup and the mindset I imagine other pitchers have when they are set to face them, especially with Teixeria being fresh to the NL.

MLB ERA

I know I'm in the minority among Braves fans, but what stings the most is not losing Salty or Andrus but giving up three of our best pitchers in the minor leagues. I guess I can point to McCann and say Salty would be playing out of his natural position. But it's tough to give up on young arms so early. The good news for Braves fans' is they'll be able to reload in the draft like they always do.

The move to aquire Tex was a move that had to be made if the Braves are to make the playoffs this year. It was a move that should have been made and I am glad to see it happen.
    2007 NL MVP AWARD WINNER: ANDRUW JONES