Thread: Braves dangling Wickman?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Braves dangling Wickman?

NEW YORK -- The Atlanta Braves are shopping closer Bob Wickman.

Any deal would likely be contingent on the club completing a swap with the Kansas City Royals for Octavio Dotel, which is being held up until the Braves can complete the Mark Teixeira trade with the Texas Rangers.

As the deadline approaches, the Braves and Rangers continue to digest the medical information on the six players involved in that trade. One source insisted neither deal was in jeopardy, and the delay was simply a matter of exchanging information.
    I can't see why the Braves wouldn't want to keep Wickman as another reliable solution with Dotel in the fold...why bring in one just to ship out the other? I doubt he gets traded though.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Braves dangling Wickman?

The funny part about all of this is that the Dotel trade isn't official. Teams are still interested in Dotel outside of the Braves and with the rumors about Dotel, other teams are then consequently interested in Wickman possibly being available.

I am sure the word "if" is being used a lot today.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Braves dangling Wickman?

Olney just confirmed the Teixeira deal officially, which would in turn mean the Dotel deal is official as it involved all players clearing phyiscals.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.