Thread: Braves Injury List

MLB ERA

Braves Braves Injury List

Last Update: 15 Sept 07 / 0825L
    NamePOSStatusDateInjuryReturnsLatest News
    Octavio DotelRHPDLAug 10ShoulderMid SeptOctavio Dotel (shoulder) felt good after a 20-pitch side session Tuesday and he thinks he might be able to pitch in a game by Sunday. Dotel is eager to pitch again this season after posting a disappointing 8.31 ERA in five appearances for the Braves after they got him from Kansas City in a July 31 trade for Kyle Davies.
    Anthony LerewSPDLJul 19ElbowOut SeasonAnthony Lerew underwent Tommy John surgery Thursday and is out for the season. Lerew had already missed two months with a sore elbow. That he waited this long to undergo surgery means he'll miss at least the first half of 2008. The Braves shouldn't count on him contributing before 2009.
    Mike GonzalezRPDLMay 16ElbowOut for seasonMike Gonzalez underwent successful Tommy John surgery on his left elbow Thursday. Gonzalez is expected to miss around 12 months.
    Mike HamptonSPDLMar 30ElbowOut for SeasonMike Hampton threw off the mound Wednesday for the first time since undergoing surgery last April. The Braves expect Hampton to be a middle-of-the-rotation pitcher for them next season. He will be a free agent after the 2008 season.
    Willy Aybar3BDLMar 30HandOut for SeasonWilly Aybar underwent season-ending surgery Tuesday to repair a fractured hamate bone in his right hand. The surgery puts to rest a very tumultuous season for Aybar. He will need 6-8 weeks to recover and then hopes to play in winter ball. It remains unclear if the Braves will bring the troubled third baseman back next season.
    RotoWorld
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Braves Injury List

Chipper is back in the trainer's room. Groin problems.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Braves Injury List

Smoltz put on 15-day DL for shoulder imflammation.

hate to see the good guys of baseball get hurt!!! hope he returns quickly and healthy for the Braves.

MLB ERA

Re: Braves Injury List

I will be updating everything soon. Most likely tonight when I go back to work. Not looking forward to it. Which I don't believe anyone does after being gone for 2 weeks.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."