Thread: Smoltz Gets 200th Win

MLB ERA

Braves Smoltz Gets 200th Win

Another great achievement by Smoltz. He is the only pitcher in history to have at least 200 wins and 150 saves. He currently has 2838 career strikeouts and if he stays healthy and keeps playing for another year or two, I believe he will have a shot at 3,000 strikeouts.

His 200th career win came against Tom Glavine and the Mets in the finale of a 3-game series at Turner Field. Tom Glavine and Greg Maddux also won there 200th win at Turner Field in Atlanta. It's a shame I couldn't be there.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Smoltz Gets 200th Win

Master of mechanics gets it done! Great feat Smoltz. Hall of Famer? I say it is absolute.

MLB ERA

Re: Smoltz Gets 200th Win

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    Hall of Famer? I say it is absolute.
    I would have to say a no doubter. He should have more wins if he had more run support in past years.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."