Thread: Langerhans Traded to Oakland

MLB ERA

Langerhans Traded to Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    The Braves' trade of Ryan Langerhans to Oakland appears to make Matt Diaz the club's primary left fielder.
    For now. If Diaz doesn't start hitting .300 with decent power, it shouldn't be too difficult for the team to upgrade in a trade. Craig Wilson and Willie Harris also figure to see some time in left field.
    I couldn't believe when I heard it on ESPN. I know he is struggling but it looked like he was coming out of it the past two games.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Langerhans Traded to Oakland

Langerhans has showed no promise of becoming an everyday player and has been just awful this season.

Langerhans might be the only guy having a worse year than Wilson Betemit

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by fetters View Post
    Langerhans might be the only guy having a worse year than Wilson Betemit
    I haven't been keeping up with Betemit but I like both of them. Everyone struggles now and than but hopefully it will be for the best.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I went to the Rockies/Braves game last night and saw Langerhans for his final time as a Brave. Needless to say, I think this is a big move for the Braves even with just getting a PTBNL. It looks like Diaz is the better stick between the two and the Braves may be losing nothing here.

Maybe just a case of Franceour losing his good friend. Other than that, the Braves are going to be just fine.

Now it is just time to figure out what the A's are up to. They just traded for Denorfia a few days ago and he is out for the season. Now Langerhans? Not sure what Beane is doing here.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

we have injures (Bradley, Kotsay, Swisher, and Kielty) for this year and free agents-to-be (Bradley and Stewart) for next year. Langerhans fills in now...Deno has a chance to make the team next year. We don't have any really good OFs in AAA. A few in AA and our better ones are in A ball...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Ok, that sounds about right then. I thought Beane was just loading up to start retooling the team somehow. He gave us a pretty good reliever (Marcus McBeth) as one of the PTBNL for Deno. Plus we get cash and another PTBNL. I believe McBeth was the A's best relief prospect, so it was a good deal for both sides.

Good luck with Langerhans, because I think you are going to need it.

MLB ERA

I'm not exactly crying seeing him leave. Good guy, not a good player.

MLB ERA

He is a decent player. It is not an Andruw Jones type of player but still pretty decent. He defense is better than Diaz's even though Diaz has the better offense.

Willie Harris contracted was purchased by the Braves also. So look for Harris to get some time in LF. I didn't get to see him much during Spring Training.