Thread: Nationals @ Braves

MLB ERA

Braves Nationals @ Braves

(1-6) vs. (5-1)

4/10 Game 1: Matt Chico (0-0, 13.50 ERA) vs. Tim Hudson (0-0, 1.29 ERA)
    #PosPlayer#PosPlayer
    1SSFelipe Lopez12BKelly Johnson
    2LFChris Snelling2SSEdgar Renteria
    33BRyan Zimmerman33BChipper Jones
    41BDmitri Young4CFAndruw Jones
    5RFAustin Kearns5RFJeff Francoeur
    6CFRyan Church6CBrian McCann
    72BRonnie Belliard71BCraig Wilson
    8CBrian Schneider8LFMatt Diaz
    9PMatt Chico9PTim Hudson

4/11 Game 2: Jerome Williams (0-1, 6.00 ERA) vs. Chuck James (1-0, 1.80 ERA)
    #PosPlayer#PosPlayer
    1SSFelipe Lopez12BKelly Johnson
    2LFKory Casto2SSEdgar Renteria
    33BRyan Zimmerman33BChipper Jones
    41BDmitri Young4CFAndruw Jones
    5RFAustin Kearns5CBrian McCann
    6CFRyan Church6RFJeff Francoeur
    72BRonnie Belliard71BScott Thorman
    8CBrian Schneider8LFRyan Langerhans
    9PJerome Williams9PChuck James

4/12 Game 3: Jason Bergmann (0-1, 9.82 ERA) vs. John Smoltz (1-0, 3.75 ERA)
    TBA

How many of you believe the Braves should be able to sweep the Nationals? I sure do! I am a little worried about Game 3 with Redman on the mound since he wasn't sharp at all against the Mets. He came from the Royals so I wasn't expecting much from him anyway. However, even with Redman I believe they can still take a sweep over the Nationals. They lost their key player to the Cubs and I can't actually see them losing 100 games this year but anything is possible. I was surprise with their run for first back in '05.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Re: Nationals @ Braves

Hey, Mark Redman.

Maybe the Nats have a shot to win one. Or at least score more than a run.

MLB ERA

Something has to be done about Jeff's batting. I say send him down to the minors as a statement. I'm getting tired of him swinging at the first pitch. Maybe he should learn a thing or two from his friend Brian.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Did you forget his RBI in the 8th against the Mets? Man people have a short memory.

MLB ERA

How many times does he strike out, GIDP, pop up or ground out to how many times he does that?

MLB ERA

Well, that's baseball for you..

I think Braves fans need to be realistic. He isn't Vlad Guerrero, but the Braves would be worse off with him in the minors and someone who is worst starting in his palce.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Andruw gets his first homer of the game and Chipper now has two. It's hard to believe the Braves have been doin so well without these guys.

Also, I am sorry to hear about Hampton. Some guys have all the luck or in this case, bad luck. The money helps though

MLB ERA

Well Jeff hit a 2 RBI double but he GIDP and struck out.

MLB ERA

Jeff gets his 2nd homer. I have been nagging on some players and taking trash about them and than they do something good. Last season I was talking trash about Todd Pratt and the next pitch he hits a homer. I was doing it to Andruw tonight about his awful average and he hits a homer. I've been talking trash about about Jeff and now he hits a homer. I might be onto something.

MLB ERA

The Braves are now 6 and 1 on the '07 season.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX View Post
    Jeff gets his 2nd homer. I have been nagging on some players and taking trash about them and than they do something good. Last season I was talking trash about Todd Pratt and the next pitch he hits a homer. I was doing it to Andruw tonight about his awful average and he hits a homer. I've been talking trash about about Jeff and now he hits a homer. I might be onto something.
    Wanna come to the Yankee forum some time?

I knew the Braves would be an improved team this year and they've been playing great ball so far. So far it looks like a one year hiatus may have been enough to get them back on track. Still early, but so far they've been quite impressive.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

It was time for them to rebuild and last year was it. JS knew what he needed to do and got it done in the off season. This is the Braves best start since '95 when they won the World Series.

Off too a good start for the sweep. One game left with Smoltz on the mound. The Mets and the rest of the NL East better start praying because the Braves are back in business.