Braves ST #8: Yankees @ Braves

Braves.mlb.com

12345678910 RHE
    NYY0200000102 5131
    ATL1100000010 393

YANKEES 5, BRAVES 3 in 10 innings
    at Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
    Thursday, March 8

Braves at the plate: With his dad in the other dugout serving as New York's first-base coach, Tony Pena delivered a game-tying RBI triple off Chris Britton with two outs in the ninth. Jeff Francoeur homered off Mike Mussina to begin the bottom of the second inning.

Yankees at the plate: Josh Phelps' two-out RBI single in the 10th inning off Steve Colyer proved to be the game-winner. Two innings earlier, Phelps provided a go-ahead sacrifice fly. Jason Giambi homered off Tim Hudson to begin the second inning.

Braves on the mound: Hudson, who allowed two runs -- one earned -- and four hits, ended his four-inning outing by retiring the final six batters that he faced. Making his debut, Rafael Soriano pitched two scoreless innings in which he allowed three hits and registered a strikeout.

Yankees on the mound: Mussina, who allowed two earned runs and four hits, retired the final five batters he faced in his three-inning outing. Scott Proctor allowed a hit and registered a strikeout in a scoreless fourth inning.

Grapefruit League records: Yankees 6-1-1, Braves 5-2-1.

Up next: Chuck James will start for the Braves in Friday afternoon's game against the Pirates at Bradenton at 1:05 ET. Carl Pavano will start for the Yankees in Friday night's home game against the Devil Rays at 7:15.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Rookie ERA
    I think the Braves should have won this game. Even though Hudson gave up to many hits.