Thread: ST #1: Dodgers @ Braves

MLB ERA

Braves ST #1: Dodgers @ Braves

AtlantaBraves.com

BRAVES 7, DODGERS 2
    at Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
    Thursday, March 1

Braves at the plate: Kelly Johnson contributed a first-inning leadoff single and a second-inning sacrifice fly that accounted for the game's first run. Jarrod Saltalamacchia had a two-run sixth-inning single and Yunel Escobar enjoyed a three-hit performance.

Dodgers at the plate: Matt Kemp's double highlighted a two-run fourth inning that included singles from Juan Pierre and Olmedo Saenz. Wilson Valdez's fifth-inning double provided the only other extra-base hit.

Braves on the mound: Starter Kyle Davies needed just 17 pitches (11 strikes) to complete two perfect innings that included one strikeout. Lance Cormier, who is battling Davies for the fifth spot in the rotation, allowed two earned runs and four hits in two innings.

a Dodgers on the mound: Randy Wolf surrendered four hits and one earned run in two innings. Chad Billingsley allowed two unearned runs and three hits in two innings.

Grapefruit League records: Braves 1-0; Dodgers 0-1.

Up next: John Smoltz will make his first start on Friday at 1:05 p.m. ET, when the Braves host the Pirates at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex. Jason Schmidt will make his Dodgers debut in Friday's 1:05 p.m. game against the Nationals at Vero Beach.

I didn't get to listen to it but I'm glad to see Davis doing pretty well. Escobar, I'm sure is impressing some people as well.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    It's good to see Davies is 100% healthy and now throwing well.

I'm very skeptical Hampton will have much to offer the Braves, so we need Davies and the rest of the rotation to step up.