Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going once, going twice, sold! Congrats, you own the Braves!

Braves Going once, going twice, sold! Congrats, you own the Braves!

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Liberty Media has reached an agreement with Time Warner to buy the Braves.
    Negotiations have been ongoing for more than a year now, and it was clear that a deal was close. Liberty Media's chairman is John Malone, who has before never owned a professional sports team. There's reason to hope that he'll up the budget from where Time Warner's been lately, though it seems doubtful that Atlanta will reemerge as the NL's top spender anytime soon. If Malone wants to make a strong first impression, he could make a big bid to extend free-agent-to-be Andruw Jones.
    I really am skeptical, because I've been hearing that Liberty are cheapskates just as Time Warner, and will not raise payroll. Time will be the best judge, I guess.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I would like to see the budget go up even just a little.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

That's hardly saying anything...I've yet to meet a single Braves fan who was satisfied with our spending habits.

MLB ERA
    This move SUCKS.

Hopefully, they will re-sell it soon.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    That's hardly saying anything...I've yet to meet a single Braves fan who was satisfied with our spending habits.
    I would be happy today with our spending habits of a few years ago and you can't say that you wouldn't be either

I plead the 5th...

And I want Ted back.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    I plead the 5th...

And I want Ted back.
    Exactly! I guess we'll have to sit back and see what transpires.

I have a feeling it'll be more mediocrity and underachieving.

MLB ERA
    Any word on how this effects the Braves and WTBS & Turner South (as far as broadcasting games)

The Braves' contract with TBS expires after this season, so no more Braves for me unless I get the Extra Innings package. As far as Turner South, I have no idea, though I remember hearing that Fox Sports South will get more games.

MLB ERA
    This sucks.. I've been watching the Braves on TBS since TBS started broadcasting the games. Guess I will have to find another way to follow them on a daily basis.

Yeah, I'm facing the same problem, man.

MLB ERA
    I don't like it either. This is one change that sucks. I love watching the games on TBS. I don't get Fox Sports South here or at least the one that shows the games and TS so I will be watching most games on MLB.TV next season.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

The people that bought the Braves are the same people who own directv, I wonder if this means more televised games? No matter what I just hope that the budget will go up enough to keep Andruw around a while longer.
    2007 NL MVP AWARD WINNER: ANDRUW JONES

I'd like us to get up to a hundred mill, just enough to keep up with the Mets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast