Thread: Braves, Villarreal agree to 1yr Deal

MLB ERA

Braves Braves, Villarreal agree to 1yr Deal

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    Braves agreed to terms with RHP Oscar Villarreal on a one-year, $960,000 contract.
    Villarreal must not have liked his chances of winning in arbitration after seeing what happened to Joe Beimel. He asked for $1.3 million and was offered $860,000, so he's settling well below the midpoint. He can make an extra $100,000 in incentives. He would receive $25,000 bonuses for reaching 30, 39, 48 and 60 points, with him receiving three points for every start he makes or one point per game finished. Manager Bobby Cox indicated last week that he'd prefer to see Villarreal stay in the pen, so it's possible the right-hander won't reach any of those bonuses.
    I'm glad that they resigned him. He did pretty decent out of the pen last season considering the rest of the guys. I hope to see more from him in '07.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Rookie ERA
    Well at least we have some one that is good in the bull pen.