Thread: Smoltz Getting a Divorce

MLB ERA

Smoltz Getting a Divorce

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    John Smoltz and his wife, Dyan, are getting a divorce after 16 years of marriage.
    We'd rather not have to report stuff like this at all, but personal problems can have an effect on on-field performance. Smoltz, though, is enough of a veteran that it seems unlikely there's anything for fantasy owners to worry about here.
    Well, this is a surprise.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Dang... never heard of a problem between him and his wife. Thats a shame.

Rookie ERA
    That is a real shame, hopefully it won't have an effect on him when he plays.

After all those years of marrage, it is sad to see. I feel bad for his children.
    2007 NL MVP AWARD WINNER: ANDRUW JONES

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RZ
    Dang... never heard of a problem between him and his wife. Thats a shame.
    Well, one thing Smoltz can take pride in is managing to keep his home life out of the public eye. Especially during a time where everything athletes do is so magnified.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

I doubt this will have an effect on Smoltz's pitching. He seems mentally strong enough to overcome things like that.

I do hope everything works out fine for him.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

I do respect him trying to keep his buisness to himself and giving his family time to adjust.
    2007 NL MVP AWARD WINNER: ANDRUW JONES