Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves' News Tidbits

MLB ERA
    That was than, this is now. I'm sure he was pretty good at one point in time.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Chris Reitsma, RHRP--Atlanta Braves: Rockies, Marlins, Rays, Rays, Royals, Red Sox, Giants, Indians and Padres, among others, interested. Six teams have made offers. The Marlins have not made an offer. He's received a couple of multi-year offers and a couple of 1-year offers. Discussions with at least two teams have progressed to serious stages.
    Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Agent Mike Paolercio said Cincinnati is one of the teams he's well into negotiations with regarding free agent Chris Reitsma.
    Reitsma has offers on the table from six teams. Not included are the Marlins or Braves. There was speculation Atlanta would try to re-sign him after non-tendering him last month. "I have not heard from the Atlanta Braves whatsoever," Paolerico said. "I’m assuming at this point they did not want to follow up on that."
    Source: RotoWorld

Rookie ERA
    Maybe Reitsma will get to play for the Royal's.

MLB ERA
    He'd be an upgrade from some of the guys they ran out there over the past few seasons.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    The Rockies are one of the six teams in the hunt for free agent Chris Reitsma.
    The Reds have been Reitsma's most aggressive suitors to date. Other teams previously reported to have interest in Reitsma included the Yankees and Phillies. It's unclear whether either club remains in the running.

Rookie ERA
    Yankees want him wow!I wasn't expecting that.

MLB ERA
    The Pirates and Braves are still talking about an Adam LaRoche deal.
    The Braves aren't going to reverse course and do Mike Gonzalez for LaRoche, and it doesn't seem like they have a lot of interest in making Jose Castillo the second player in the deal. Something could get done if the Pirates included Chris Duffy, but neither team has blinked yet.

Mariners signed RHP Chris Reitsma, who had been with the Braves, to a one-year, $2.05 million contract with a club option for 2008.
    He'll make $1.35 million this season. The 2008 option is worth $2.7 million and contains a $700,000 buyout. The Mariners traded Rafael Soriano and they have little idea what they'll get out of Mark Lowe this season, so they needed the right-handed relief help. At this price, Reitsma was well worth taking a chance on. It's just too bad that this qualifies as the best move of the offseason for the Mariners so far.

MLB ERA
    The Blue Jays have reportedly come to terms with free agent John Thomson on a one-year, $500,000 contract.
    We can't remember the last time we were this strongly in favor of a J.P. Ricciardi move. Taking price into account, Thomson was the best gamble left out there for a team in need of a starting pitcher. He'll have to compete for a rotation spot, but he could easily emerge as the Jays' No. 3 starter over Gustavo Chacin.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Not gonna set the world on fire...it's certainly a risk worth taking when you're only paying $500,000 though.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Rookie ERA
    Wow only $500,000 for John Thomson. And I really don't think that LaRoche is going anywhere. Well at least I don't think that he is.

MLB ERA
    Braves agreed to terms with RHP Rafael Soriano on a one-year, $1.2 million contract.
    Soriano made just $450,000 in his first year of arbitration, but that's because he spent 2005 making his way back from Tommy John surgery. The 27-year-old will act as the primary setup man for Bob Wickman in Atlanta.

MLB ERA
    ESPN.com is reporting that the Braves and Pirates have agreed to a swap of Adam LaRoche and Mike Gonzalez.
    There was no word yet whether other players were involved in the deal, though the belief all along was that the Braves wouldn't make the trade without getting a second quality property back. The trade means Salomon Torres will likely take over as Pittsburgh's closer. Gonzalez will combine with Rafael Soriano to give the Braves the best setup tandem in the business.

Left-handed-hitting Scott Thorman may get a chance to replace Adam LaRoche at first base for the Braves.
    Thorman hit .234/.263/.438 with five homers in 128 at-bats for the Braves last season. He could be a 20-homer guy right away, but he'd still be an average regular at best. It'd make an awful lot of sense for Atlanta to sign Craig Wilson or Carlos Pena to compete for the job. Another possibility, if the Braves are truly committed to Thorman, would be to sign Eduardo Perez or Phil Nevin as a right-handed-hitting complement.

It'd be nice if we signed Craig Wilson.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Personally, I would use Gonzalez as my closer. Wickman in the setup!

Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast