Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves' News Tidbits

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Jorge Sosa.
    From potentially having a career shredded in Tampa, to potentially being the key to the braves' world series run.
    I smell an ESPN novel.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

I smell a 15 game winner next year.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    It's either going to be vs. the Padres on Tuesday or vs. the Phillies on Wednesday. Either way it goes, I'll be there.

MLB ERA
    Here's a though, well more like question. I'm sure it has came up before but it's taken a while to read though 21 pages of forum posts. Kolb won't be back next season right? I hope they do not put him in the game in the playoffs unless they have plenty of run support so he can give up 2 or 3 runs and not blow the game. Every time I have seen him pitch he has blown the game for Atlanta.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Sosa could win more than 15, if he's a Brave next year.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX
    Here's a though, well more like question. I'm sure it has came up before but it's taken a while to read though 21 pages of forum posts. Kolb won't be back next season right? I hope they do not put him in the game in the playoffs unless they have plenty of run support so he can give up 2 or 3 runs and not blow the game. Every time I have seen him pitch he has blown the game for Atlanta.
    I'm 99% sure he isn't on the post season roster..

And all indications point to Klobb not being back next year.

Braves manager Bobby Cox won't officially announce the rotation until Tuesday, but has indicated he might go with Hudson instead of Smoltz for the opener because of concerns over Smoltz's sore shoulder.
    "They might be the best pitching matchups in the playoffs," said John Smoltz, who was informed he will start Game 2 Thursday against Roger Clemens, after Tim Hudson faces Andy Pettitte in Game 1 Wednesday at Turner Field.

Jorge Sosa, who was 9-0 on the road this season, is penciled in to face Houston 20-game winner Roy Oswalt in Game 3 Saturday at Houston.
    Sosa has been one of the nicest surprises in Fantasy this year. He finished the regular season with a 13-3 record and a 2.55 ERA

Starters Horacio Ramirez and John Thomson appear headed to the bullpen for the NLDS, as manager Bobby Cox figures to use a three-man rotation.
    Cox has announced Tim Hudson, John Smoltz and Jorge Sosa will start the first three games. Thomson has pitched one relief outing in his eight-year career, Ramirez two.

MLB ERA
    Good.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    I'm 99% sure he isn't on the post season roster..

And all indications point to Klobb not being back next year.
    I hope so because he is not Atlanta material.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Macay McBride is one of eight rookies on Braves playoff roster.
    Manager Bobby Cox will continue using McBride as a situational southpaw out of the bullpen -- the rookie thrived in the role, striking out 22 in just 14 innings.

Manager Bobby Cox said he's leaning toward starting Horacio Ramirez or John Thomson in a potential Game 4 Sunday, but could come back with Hudson.
    Hudson will start Game 1 today, followed by John Smoltz and Jorge Sosa. Cox might elect to use Ramirez out of the pen instead. He finished the season with just two victories in final dozen starts.

MLB ERA
    Bobby has lost his mind.

Better McBride than Kolb though.

Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast