Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves' News Tidbits

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Andruw is making his case. That .270 average is making it easy though but his is producing. Jeff Franceour makes me forget all about J.D. Drew. Is that even hard to do?

No, not really. Drew spent half his time here on the DL.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    No he didn't. He had maybe his best big league season as a brave. And yes, he's very forgotten thanks to the rookie express.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

John Smoltz, who was bothered by a stiff neck in his last start against the Nationals, held the Mets to one run over seven innings of work tonight to pick up his 14th win of the season.
    He walked one and struck out just two batters for the second straight start. Since he threw 109 pitches tonight, the neck didn't appear to be much of an issue. He'll pitch at Citizens Bank Park against the Phillies next time out.

Adam LaRoche was out of the starting lineup tonight and won't start tomorrow aganist lefty Tom Glavine.
    Manager Bobby Cox believes LaRoche is fatigued. Imagine what the first baseman would feel like if he hadn't spent all year platooning with Julio Franco.

Mike Hampton threw 72 pitches in a simulated game today. He's due to throw another simulated game before being activated.
    ''My location wasn't tremendous, but it was pretty good,'' Hampton said. ''I had pretty good command of my breaking ball, which is a surprise. I'm definitely happy with the way my body feels after that session.'' Hampton was supposed to be activated Sunday to pitch in the pen, but it's now up in the air what's going to happen with him. He still might return as a starting pitcher next week.

Tim Hudson held the Mets to two runs over eight innings of work tonight but wasn't involved in the decision.
    He was actually in line for the loss before Braden Looper blew the save in the bottom of the ninth inning. Hudson gave up eight hits and walked three while throwing 69 of 114 pitches for strikes, but still held the Mets in check despite not being at the top of his game. When he struck out Tom Glavine in the fifth inning it gave Hudson 1,000 career strikeouts

Ryan Langerhans delivered a game-tying RBI double in the bottom of the ninth inning against the Mets tonight, then hit a walk-off two-run single with two outs in the bottom of the 10th inning.
    It gets no better than that as far as late game heroics go. The double in the ninth came off Mets closer Braden Looper, while the two-run single in the 10th came off reliever Shingo Takatsu with the runs being charged to Looper. The win ensures that the Braves will remain 6.5 games up in the NL East.

Chris Reitsma suffered a strained left hamstring while pitching in the 10th inning tonight.
    He said he wasn't sure whether he'd miss any time. The Braves are off Thursday.

Braves designated RHP Adam Bernero for assignment.
    Bernero had a 3.40 ERA in nine starts and one relief appearance while with Richmond, but the Braves decided not to give him another chance.

Yay!

Braves activated catcher Eddie Perez from the 60-day disabled list.
    Perez has been out all but one day since May 19 with tendinitis in his right shoulder. He's still not 100 percent, but if he's needed for spot duty, he'll be available.
    Good..I guess..but we have 0 use for him.

Andruw Jones had a three-run homer and an RBI double tonight, but he couldn't push the Braves over the Nationals.
    With 118 RBI, Andruw trails only David Ortiz (122) for the major league lead

Kyle Davies, John Foster and Danny Kolb combined to allow five runs in the seventh and eighth innings as the Nationals came back to beat the Braves tonight.
    Horacio Ramirez was denied a win after leaving with a 6-3 lead. The seventh and eighth innings could be the Braves' downfall this year

Braves Bobby loves Farnsy

Manager Bobby Cox had nice things to say about Kyle Farnsworth's work as the Braves' closer.
    ''He's doing really well taking over the closer role right now,'' Cox said. ''He's mixing his pitches more; that's the difference I've seen.'

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Dang, Kolberrrrring time is rubbing off on Davies.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast