Thread: Braves continue to settle for quantity over quality, sign 2B/SS Woodward

Braves Braves continue to settle for quantity over quality, sign 2B/SS Woodward

Quote Originally Posted by Rotoworld
    Braves signed infielder Chris Woodward, who had been with the Mets, to a one-year contract.
    The Braves were without a legitimate backup shortstop after moving Wilson Betemit last season. Woodward isn't as good of an option as he would have been a few years ago, but he is a better choice than either Pete Orr or Willy Aybar to play behind Edgar Renteria. He'd be a very weak choice as a regular second baseman. The addition means that Orr might not have a bench spot next season.
    Gross.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I remember the name. I don't think it was worth it.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    A middle IF'er with a .600 OPS, great move John.
    Even as a depth move, this sucks. I'd rather play some young guy than waste space and money on a bum.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    good luck, Woodward is a great bench player but shouldn't start anywhere whatsoever
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    I hate the fact of getting a player from the Mets. I think I remember Woodward once or twice and he was not impressive at all. I hope he is just a temp.

Since it's just a 1yr contact, than he is going to have to prove that he belongs or he will be gone.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Rookie ERA
    Well I don't know how good this player is but I think they should give Pete Orr the chance with being a SS.