Thread: Braves ink UTIL Willie Harris to MLC

Braves Braves ink UTIL Willie Harris to MLC

Quote Originally Posted by Rotoworld.com
    Braves signed second baseman-outfielder Willie Harris to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.
    The deal was actually done weeks ago. Harris, 28, is a .238/.306/.294 hitter in 899 at-bats as a major leaguer. He can play quality defense at second base and in center field, and he walks enough that he'd be a solid bench player if he could just hit .260. Still, he'll need a big spring to make the Braves.
    Eh, it's an MLC, I don't see why he shouldn't make the team.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Rookie ERA
    Wow he does sound like a good player. Hopefully he will make the team really soon.

I don't know about good, but I remember him making good plays at multiple positions and having some speed.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

well living in the Chicago area and a wife who is a White Sox fan. I can inform you that he has been booed out of U.S. Cellular Field almost more times than A-Rod. He has his moments of good defense, I feel the outfield is where he is better suited. Not much on the hitting side from him, but he is extremely fast, a little better than average base stealer though. He can fill in at 2B also. If he signes a MLC, then he will be worth his $$$$. He will be a good Pinch runner for you too!

Rookie ERA
    That is pretty bad if he has gotten booed as bad a A-Rod does. Well that is not a good thing. But hopefully this year he has his act together.

From what I remember, he was horrid with the Sox
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

He was horrid at least in the hitting department and yes he was booed, not as bad as A-Rod, but it was an ugly sitaution. WHo knows maybe a change of scenery and not having that pressure from the fans will do him good and he will blossom into a good bench player for Bobby Cox and the Braves.

Rookie ERA
    Yeah maybe you are right.