Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HoRam to Seattle for Rafael Soriano

MLB ERA
    I actually like Ramirez to.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I agree with you there DravenX. I feel that Ramirez was a little under appreciated in Atlanta! But you got a nice pitcher for the pen! So, maybe that will help you balance it out. I know when the Brewers make trades with players that I really like, it stings, but not as much, if they didn't get at least equal or greater value back.. IMO, the Braves got the better value here.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    I agree with you there DravenX. I feel that Ramirez was a little under appreciated in Atlanta! But you got a nice pitcher for the pen! So, maybe that will help you balance it out. I know when the Brewers make trades with players that I really like, it stings, but not as much, if they didn't get at least equal or greater value back.. IMO, the Braves got the better value here.
    Agreed. As it has previously been stated the Braves have potentially got themselves a very solid closer.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    I hate to see him go but I don't think i'll be able to control myself if Atlanta let's Andruw leaves after '07. I just might have to go into hiding and not be around anyone for awhile.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    This is what we call "Seattle's GM is a retard and should be hit in the face a lot."
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Braves always getting the better end in trades. Soriano wants to be a starter though. Who knows what will happen. He has closer type stuff though so he will probably be groomed to take over for the fatman after he retires. Great move for the braves, poor one for the mariners. They just traded a gun slinger, for a younger, more injured, jamie moyer.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DravenX
    I hate to see him go but I don't think i'll be able to control myself if Atlanta let's Andruw leaves after '07. I just might have to go into hiding and not be around anyone for awhile.
    It is sad to see him go. But I do agree with you on the Andrew deal. Since you are going into hiding if he leaves does that mean I have to come with you???

MLB ERA
    We might be moving to Texas remember? Next, we might just move overseas.

Soriano was oeiginally a starter but he did not have the endurance nor the durability to be a starter.

I'm happy with him as a reliever, but if he is able to mature into a starter who can give us a solid 6 innings every outing, I'd be even more extatic.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    If Soriano isn't timid on the mound after being nailed by Vladdy's liner last season, he should be a good addition to the Braves staff. Ramirez needed a change of scenery, IMO. He has a lot of potential, but seemed to be stagnating in Atlanta.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Soriano isnt timid on the mound, its the incredible bad luck he has on the mound that should concern you guys. It was basically a injury prone, super talented RP (he wont ever start because of his lack of durability) for a injury prone, solid potential SP.

Also General, Soriano was an OF before he was a SP.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    HoRam may be able to turn things around in Safeco, which is one of the most pitcher friendly parks in baseball. I still believe though that Atlanta got the best end of this deal.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    Excellent move. Porter must be livid.

Im not livid. I just want to kill Bill Bavasi for this one. We better go get ****ing Zito right the **** now. We dealt our 2nd best RP for a #3 at best SP.

Sure but guys are injury prone (Soriano has a litany of arm troubles on top of his concussion last season). I dont know why we gave up on Rafael.

oh yeah.......

2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    I always liked HoRam. He's got some untapped talent, and showed some glimpses of it as a Brave. Hope he can put it all together in Seattle. Good character guy.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I could agree that it's a bad move for Seattle, but for the sake of making our "objective" know-it-all posters stick their feet into their mouths for once, I say "Go HoRam!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast