Thread: Braves sign Tanyon the Canyon Sturtze

Braves Braves sign Tanyon the Canyon Sturtze

Braves signed RHP Tanyon Sturtze, who had been with the Yankees, to a one-year, $750,000 contract.
    Sturtze would make another $350,000 if he spends one day on the Braves' 25-man roster, and he could earn $450,000 in bonuses based on the number of appearances he makes as a starter and reliever. We're not particularly impressed by this signing, as Sturtze has a career ERA over 5.00 and is coming off surgery to repair a partially torn rotator cuff. Still, the Braves aren't risking much and there's a chance he'll be a reasonable middle reliever.

-----

Eh. I really can't complain because we're not paying him much, but still.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Yikes there is the player that will put them over the top. Order those W.S. tickets now!!!! Are they taking a page out of the Brewers philosophy. Take any pitcher and/or player available. j/k!

MLB ERA
    I've never seen this guy pitch so I am going to have to wait and see.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

You know, I've never seen him pitch either.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

General I like your style! I agree. The question should be, has Sturtze seen himself pitch? Maybe he would get the idea, time for a career change!

Rookie ERA
    Wow that is a big difference in a pay check. But hopefully he is a good pitcher, and I haven't seen him pitch as well.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I think what was meant about Sturtze not being seen pitching is as follows. He is not very good, or at least what his stats tell us. And the fans are waiting to see him pitch, It was meant to be funny, sarcastic humor. Or at least that is how I took it and agreed with the comment