Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention Braves Fan

Rookie ERA

Braves Attention Braves Fan

Guys, it's obvious our boys us let down this past 06' season. But the question is, is it really their fault? Jeff Francoeur, Andruw Jones, John Smoltz, Chipper Jones, Adam Laroche, Chuck James, Brian McCan, Edgar Reneteria, basically their whole line up did everything they could to give us another clinched division title - I realize this is a team thing, but if the bullpen would of been more solid I can see them winning over the wild card.
    Nevermind the changes that had to be made all season long throughout the lineup and pitching rotation. Not once did I remeber a 100% solid pitching rotation, Villareal constantly being took in and out, guys coming back and forth from the Minors. We had a new leadoff man Marcus Giles who admitted to hating that spot, also Giles is one of my favorite plaes, but hes not lead off material, he just doesn't have the wheels as one Rafael Furcal. Im not making exuses, but I believe if changes would of been made early in the season we would of had a igger and better chance at the Wild Card.
    Next season, its guarenteed to be a big one. A more solid lineup and pitching rotation to me would look like this...

Leadoff - SS - Renteria
    Batting 2nd - 2nd - Giles
    Batting 3rd - 3rd - Chipper Jones
    Batting cleanup - CF - Andruw Jones
    Batting 5th - C -Brian McCann
    Batting 6th - RF - Jeff Francoeur
    Batting 7th - 1B - Adam Laroche
    Batting 8th - LF - Ryan Langerhans
    Batting 9th - DH - Scott Thorman

Pitching Rotation

Tim Hudson
    Chuck James
    Mike Hampton
    John Smoltz
    Horacio Ramirez

Bullpen

Oscar Villareal - middle relief
    John Thompson - middle relief
    Bob Wickman - closer
    Ken Ray - 8th inning man
    Chad Poronto - 2 out runners in scoring position situations.

and use the rest for emergencys. What do you guys think?

First off, welcome to the forums.

Second, I would gouge my eyes out if Ken Ray was in the pen next year, let alone the 8th inning guy. Thomson is gone. I think Giles is just as much a Padre as he is a Brave. I don't want Langerhans in LF, I want him on the bench.

My ideal lineup would include a leadoff guy with some speed, like a Coco Crisp or a Dave Roberts. As for the 8th inning guy, I think Giles for Linebrink will solve that issue.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Welcome.

Is that pitching rotation in order? I hope not because Smoltz won't be the #4 starter. I would have it like this:
    John Smoltz
    Tim Hudson
    Mike Hampton
    Chuck James
    Horacio Ramirez

James still has some learning to do. Hampton is really up in the air since he hasn't pitched since when? 2004?
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Welcome to the board.

I dunno about Renteria at the 1 spot..

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Do you guys still want Ramirez? I think you could get some help in the pen for him, not much but something. I agree about the Braves getting a real leadoff man. Roberts would be ideal.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Welcome to the forum... And I think with the guys you have mentioned, there are just too many question marks! But then again, health will be the issue, just like it is for most teams in the MLB. Good luck to your Braves this year!

Rookie ERA
    Well, I would have to disagree - John Smoltz shouldn't be the #1 starter - Yes, he's good enough to be, and he's the best - but he's older and he clearly explained he doesn't like being on the top.
    Ryan Langerhans is one of the best defensive LF'er you'll find in the game of baseball - and Scott Thorman would make a perfect DH and BackUp First Baseman.
    However, I like Brian McCan behind the plate, he seems to be a newer virsion of former brave, one Javy Lopez.
    Yes, Marcus Giles is a Padre at heart, because that's where his family is from, but he works his ass off for our Braves, give the credit where credit is due.
    A great leadoff man was one Rafael Furcal, wow I wish they'd never got rid of him - I think they would do good with someone new to lead off, BUT, you would then need to get rid of some of the defensive.
    I don't know about you guys, but Chipper, Andruw, Laroche, Francoeur, McCann, and Giles just have to say to me.

Langerhans can't hit. Left field, like first base, is a high-powered offensive position. And we get diddly squat from there.

iluvfrenchyandbrian iluvfrenchy&bri's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Braves

Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by LouivillSlugger
    I don't know about you guys, but Chipper, Andruw, Laroche, Francoeur, McCann, and Giles just have to say to me.
    And I would have to agree.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../james3ai9.jpg

I still BELIEVE!
    We can DO IT!
    GO BRAVES!

MLB ERA
    Any true Braves fan would want Chipper, Andruw, LaRoche, Francoeur, McCann and Giles to stay with the team but I could see Giles leaving. The others should stay and JS would be a fool not to keep them.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Rookie ERA
    I actually think Francoeur is the future of the Atlanta Braves squad- I mean look at the talent, nevermind his patience that he needs some serious work with.
    Brian McCann has the most talent I think I've ever seen in such a young catcher, he'll be one of the Jason Varitek's- Jovy Lopez- Pudge Rodriguez- ect.
    Chipper & Andruw being the two most popular- I think they should stay and even after their much older, they could still do some coaching.

MLB ERA
    Chipper, Andruw, Brian and Jeff is a great combo of players. The one thing am a little worried about is Chipper's injury history. He has to be healthy and stay healthy. We need him in the lineup throughout the season. Aybar seems like a reasonable backup with his Braves debut but got injuried himself.

Only time well tell.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Andruw along with Giles will be gone at the end of this offseason. We simply do not have the money to keep Andruw around past next season, so we deal him now for maximum return. I have heard:

Andruw and Chad Paronto to Angels for Ervin Santana, Nick Adenhart, and Scott Shields
    and
    Giles, Salty, Horacio, and Villarreal to San Diego for Jake Peavy

Both would work great for the team now and the future.

Arr, how I wish the other teams would do that. Hell, the Angels can keep Adenhart and I'd still do that deal.

MLB ERA
    Andruw wants to stay and I think his agent said he would stay with Atlanta for at least one more season.

From Nov. 17
    The Chicago Sun-Times says the White Sox have strong interest in Andruw Jones.
    Even though he's represented by Scott Boras? Boras has said that Andruw has no intention of waiving his no-trade clause and leaving Atlanta. "Andruw has the control and Andruw is going to be an Atlanta Brave for the '07 season, that's clear," the agent said last month. "He'll see how the season plays out and what the team's situation is."

Welcome to the forums. Got another Braves fan here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast