Thread: Glavine no lock for Atlanta

Braves Glavine no lock for Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Rotoworld
    Unless he's willing to accept significantly less money, Tom Glavine probably won't be returning to the Braves next season, according to the Atlanta Journal-Consitution
    The Mets are not expected to exercise their $14-million team option on Glavine, but he has his own $7.5-million option. The two sides will likely split the difference. The Braves, the Journal-Constitution suggests, would be unlikely to pony up even $10 million for Glavine, who will turn 41 during spring training next year.

AJC continues to play Capt. Obvious. Anything over 7 mil we probably won't offer.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    As nice as it would be to have Glavine back, I certainly don't think it will happen. With Pedro Martinez out for at least the first three months next season, the Mets will make every attempt to negotiate a deal to bring the veteran southpaw back.

There's no doubt that Glavine would make the rotation stronger. But the Braves really don't have a need to strengthen their rotation. In John Smoltz, Tim Hudson and Hampton, they have the foundation for what could prove to be the National League's best rotation.
    Taken from the Braves Mailbag.
    http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/NASApp...=.jsp&c_id=atl

I am not expecting Glavine to be back with Atlanta next year.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

iluvfrenchyandbrian iluvfrenchy&bri's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Same here. But I wouldn't mind it.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../james3ai9.jpg

I still BELIEVE!
    We can DO IT!
    GO BRAVES!