Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what the hell do we do with this team next year?

Braves So what the hell do we do with this team next year?

• I hope we can keep Baez and Wick, more Wick than Baez, but I'd like to keep both. Having a closer you can depend on makes a huge difference.
    • We need a leadoff hitter who plays LF or RF (possibly 2B, if Giles is indeed traded). Dave Roberts comes to mind, but he's old and having a career year.
    • Hampton will be back for 2007. Its a good thing for us, considering our luck with injuries this year.
    • Let Thomson walk. He's been solid, but injury prone and snake-bitten for us this year.
    • I hope we don't trade Giles, but if Homeboy decides to trade him, I hope we get a LFer like Roberts, preferably younger. No name comes to mind at the moment, I'll get back to this. Aybar can replace Giles at 2B.
    • If we are indeed going to trade Andruw, we better get ML ready specs.
    • Hopefully Pratt will stay on as backup C. He's been solid this year and is a great clubhouse presense.
    • Brian Jordan must go.
    • Exercise Smoltz's option, Homeboy!
    • Let LaRoche start vs. lefties and righties. Possibly sign a backup, but I'm fine with Thorman or Jurries.
    • Rotation for next year: Smoltz, Hudson, Hampton, HoRam...Davies, James, Lerew. I'd take whoever performs best down the stretch and in ST as the 5th starter, and keep the other two in the pen, until such a time as when a starter goes down, which will inevitably happen.
    • Go after Gagne.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Stay the course.

Braves got some talent, no need to blow the damn ship up. Maybe make some minor moves, but mostly just hope for better luck with injuries and a bullpen not sucking complete ass.

That might be a shitty answer, I REALLY don't want to see them do something stupid like trade away Andruw or let Smoltz walk.

We have to make SOME moves.

Gagne would be nice, if we can't resign Wick.

AA ERA
    Braves won't sign Eric Gagne unless they move Andruw Jones. Even with Gagne coming off of 2 injury plagued seasons, he is still going to try and demand top $. They've been looking to slice some of their payroll for quite a while, so I see no chance of that happening. But, he would definately be a big plus to the Braves bullpen.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Find a sucker that'll give a bunch for Hudson.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Or anything, for that matter.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He's better than Mulder, and Mulder will certainly get another chance- either with the Cards or someone else will pay up the money for him. They'd certainly take a flyer on Hudson, but Atlanta won't move him.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

I don't think anyone would give up anything for Hudson. Nothing.

MLB ERA
    I'm sure they will re-sign Wickman. However, I will be pissed if they get rid of Andruw & Smoltz.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Wickman has said this is his final year. If he comes back, I'm confident Homeboy will do his best to keep him here.

MLB ERA
    I didn't know that
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    How's the farm system going? Perhaps start calling them up this month and see how they are.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34
    Braves won't sign Eric Gagne unless they move Andruw Jones. Even with Gagne coming off of 2 injury plagued seasons, he is still going to try and demand top $.
    He has said he would love to come back and pitch for the Dodgers even for a cut rate salary.

Disabled RHP Eric Gagne, saying he's healed from June elbow surgery and progressing from July back surgery, said he would sign for a discount to remain with the Dodgers, who are expected to pass on a $12 million option for the closer next year and pay a $1 million buyout. Timing could become an issue, because the deadline for the Dodgers to decide on signing Gagne for next year is likely to come around before he can demonstrate that he's healthy enough to pitch. . . .

Problem is, our best specs are in A ball. Andrus, Salty, etc.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ted Turner doesn't run the team anymore. Schuerholz is not in a position to sign any free agent he and you would want. He and his staff are going to do what they do best and that is to develop the minor leaguers as assets to be kept at the big leagues or traded.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast