Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So what the hell do we do with this team next year?

A man can dream, can't he?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    And dream you shall. Maybe you'll get back Sheff

Or perhaps the almighty savior, Sal Fasano, will grace your presence

Whatever we do, we can't have another June like 2006. 6-21 is awful

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

have a fire sale......... Oh wait, didnt they already try to burn down the place... Sorry, bad joke.. Schuerholtz has been able to work magic in the past or pull crap out of his butt, whatever you want to call, I see the Braves starting new traditions, if you will, with turning things around... You have a lot of nice young players.. Hell trade Smoltz and get some talent for him before he retires... Maybe it is just me, but I sure get the impression he wants out anyways..Just a thought for Braves fans

A.) You don't trade Smoltz.

B.) If Smoltz is traded, I'll stop being a Braves fan.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Just a thought... But am I mistaken by my point about Smoltz wanting out.. It just seems like he is itching for a change of scenery... Or is he just frustrated? Curious minds need to know....

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I mean, they have let Maddux and Glavine go... Yes I know they were FA's, but they didn't match.... So, isn't anything possible.... Not trying to make you sad, just inquiring... I know what you are saying.. Cause in the late 80's... Yount was a free agent and the Padres made a huge push for him, but he stayed with the Crew... And I vowed that if the Crew let him leave, I would jump ship too.... SO trust on that, I totally understand... The funny thing about the Yount story though, I happened to live in San Diego that year... Just weird, IMO... or kinda eerie... whichever, I am elated with Younts decision..

No, Smoltz is not being let go. If he is, I'm leaving with him.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

cool...........my bad... maybe it was just the way I percieved it from the media... Damn Media anyways... Anything to stir up the crap... thanks

Maddux and Glavine were let go at a time when they still had something in their tank. Glavine left over 1 mil and an option year (asshole) and Maddux left to go back home to Chicago.

Smoltz is a lifetime Brave.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

BTW... I am with ya on Smoltz too... Even though I am not a Braves fan... I respect the hell out of Smoltz... Now I consider him clutch... Anyways, topic for another day.. It would just seem weird and WRONG seeing him in another uniform too... I wish that TBS was still covering the Braves games... I will miss them because that means more Cubs and White Sox torture in my neck of the woods!!!! Boo Hoo for me...

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Well to Glavine defense? (I guess) being the Union dude that he is, I guess he had no choice because he needed to support that damn Donald Fehr and the Union....I don't agree with Glavine, he should have stayed too. I think in Mad Dog's case, he knew that it was time to leave, that is my impression....

**** Glavine. I still ain't forgiven him for that shit.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

don't blame ya one bit!!!!! Money talks and the greedy walks out the door with them.... No damn loyalty to their teams anymore... MONEY< MONEY< MONEY-------MONEY!!!!! That is part of the problem with everyone in this world.... that is all that is on there mind..... But sometimes it is hard to turn it down..... But payrolls in general (thanks for loaning me your username there) are outragous!!!

MLB ERA
    Totally agree. I would be happy just making the league minimum.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast