Thread: Braves @ Nationals

MLB ERA

Braves Braves @ Nationals

(53-62) vs. (51-65)

8/14 Game 1: Chuck James (4-3, 4.69 ERA) vs. Ramon Ortiz (9-9, 4.60 ERA)
    8/15 Game 2: Lance Cormier (2-3, 6.12 ERA) vs. Pedro Astacio (2-2, 5.56 ERA)
    8/16 Game 3: John Smoltz (10-5, 3.41 ERA) vs. Billy Traber (2-1, 5.14 ERA)
    8/17 Game 4: Kevin Barry (0-1, 7.71 ERA) vs. Jason Bergmann (0-0, 7.62 ERA)

I'm not looking forward to Game 4.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Chipper Jones has just hit 3 HRs in a row for 5 RBIs. Matt Diaz is 4 for 4 with his 10 consective hits. The record is 12.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    What a blowout today. And pitching did a good job today.

MLB ERA
    I hope James can keep it up for the rest of the season. I am looking forward to Hampton's return.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Cormier got screwed by errors but we still should not have to stoop to having him in the starting lineup. That's just sad.

James is doing pretty good and could be a solid hand next year.

Smoltz, Hudson, James, Hampton *could* be real good.

And HoRam, too.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by SwansonMSU
    Smoltz, Hudson, James, Hampton *could* be real good.
    Smoltz and Hudson were great last year, I have no idea what happened. Smoltz has been alright this year but Hudson lost his stride. I am hoping the entire team can get it together and bring their game next year and start another Division leader streak.

Welcome to the forums Swanson.

MLB ERA
    Oscar Villarreal will be the starter for todays game on TBS and I'm still not looking forward to it. I am so looking forward to next season.

I dunno, I thought Hudson was lucky last year, more than anything.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I don't think a pitcher can be lucky an entire season. Maybe Sosa got lucky though, who knows. If they can stay healthy than next season should be just fine.

MLB ERA
    The Braves were able to split the series 5-0 in the final game. I weren't able to watch it since I was at work but I am going to watch it later when the archive comes out.