Thread: Turns out Aybar's had a broken hand

Braves Turns out Aybar's had a broken hand

Willy Aybar's swing hadn't looked the same since his four-hit Braves debut, and it turns out there was a reason.
    The rookie infielder has a broken bone in his left hand and will be placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday, Braves manager Bobby Cox said Saturday.
    Aybar was injured when he slid head-first at second base and was caught stealing for the last out in his July 30 Braves debut. There had been no indication of the injury's severity until Saturday, when it was diagnosed as a displaced chip fracture and sprained middle finger.
    "He's been playing with it, but if you noticed, he's been just trying to lay the bat on the ball," Cox said. "We should have him back in two weeks. He just needs to rest."
    Aybar was 4-for-6 with two RBIs in the July 30 game against the Mets, and 8-for-39 (.205) with no extra-base hits or RBIs in his next 10 games while filling in for injured third baseman Chipper Jones and batting leadoff.

From the AJC.

Crap.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    That sucks. They need to stay healthy.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    ****in' Omar Minaya paid off karma this offseason as well.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.