Thread: Trip to Atlanta

MLB ERA

Trip to Atlanta

Well I've been back for about a week now. I went down to Atlanta with my wife, parents and her parents to the Mets series. We all know how that went. We did take some pictures but we can't find the cable to connect to the PC so that will have to wait a little bit. We were able to get a couple GameDay Photos though. Here is one of them. July 29th
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Cool, man, hope you enjoyed yourself.

I was gonna head down to Atlanta this summer, but that never materialized.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    My dad and I were going to go last summer when the A's were there (he likes the Red Sox), but it was going to be very expensive for what would have ammounted to a 3 day weekend so we didn't go. IIRC it was going to cost well over $1000...I don't think we even spent that much more when we went to Oakland/SF and that was a longer (we stayed longer I mean) trip, too. We've been trying to go to different stadiums the last few years.

We had gone to games at Fenway just about every year from 1992 to 2002
    2003: Oakland for 4 game series with Red Sox in August...went to SF, too...no games since they alternate the schedule
    2004: Baltimore for 3 game series in July with Red Sox
    2005: Nowhere after considering Atlanta
    2006: Yankee Stadium for 2 games against the A's in June.

We're considering going back to Yankee Stadium next year...

MLB ERA
    Even though they lost we still had fun. We were going to just Friday and Saturday's game but we decided to go the Sunday's game at the last minute. The first two games we were sitting down by the 3B side. Sunday's game we were sitting up in the Upper Box seats behind the plate in the triple deck. Those were good seats. We were out of the sun.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    I was in Atlanta at the same time.

It was hot as hell.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan87
    I was in Atlanta at the same time.

It was hot as hell.
    Isn't it also very humid? I was in Jacksonville and Orlando 2 weeks ago and the humidity was just unbearable. It felt warmer than the Texas heat here.

MLB ERA
    It was hot alright. That's why we got tickets out of the sun on Sunday. I got sunburned during Saturday's game.

MLB ERA
    It was over 100 in Atlanta at like 6. Insane.

And yea, the humidity is insane everywhere around here, but at least it cools down in the afternoon in Florida (at least SWFL). It was hell up in Atlanta.