Thread: Braves get Wickman from Cleveland!

Braves Braves get Wickman from Cleveland!

Braves acquired RHP Bob Wickman from the Indians for catcher Max Ramirez.
    Coming off a brutal June, Wickman has pitched scoreless innings for saves in each of his four appearances this month. He's not a very good pitcher these days, but a switch to the NL should help quite a bit. The Braves will make him their closer and put Kenny Ray in a setup role. The Indians are likely to replace Wickman with Fausto Carmona

Whoo hoo! Finally, a closer!
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Well let's hope he gets the job done.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

He should.

I've always liked Wickman. He's the kind of guy who goes out there, does his job, and goes back into the dugout. Not really an emotional guy, which is what you want from a closer.

MLB ERA
    Um, WTF?

Wickman > Reitsma, Ray, Moss, Yates, Rocker, any other shit we've had in our pen the past 5 years, Smoltz not included.

MLB ERA
    Can't forget about Kolb, another big disappointment last year.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Speaking from experience..... Even as a Brewer, he made me nervous. Wicky has tendency to make every appearance interesting, nerve racking, not wanting to watch. He is like so many of the average closers in the game. There are just not many elite closer out there..... To defend these guys... Well, I wouldn't want the job.....but then again, I don't make the big $$$$ to do it either... Good luck and take it easy on the finger nail chewing, gut renching feelings nightly, and any other nerve racking feature you may do as an individual....

MLB ERA
    We should be use to by now with what we had to deal with the past few years.