Thread: Marquis done for season

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

D'Backs Marquis done for season

Jason Marquis has been diagnosed with a fractured right leg and is likely out for season.
    In a bizarre twist, Marquis hit Josh Thole with a pitch in the fourth inning. Both players went down, but Thole went to first and Marquis left the game, relieved by Zach Duke. Marquis, acquired at the trade deadline, was 0-1 with a 12.38 ERA in two starts entering Sunday. Micah Owings is a candidate to get shifted back into the rotation. Top prospect Jarrod Parker, currently at Double-A, is another option, as is Triple-A left-hander Wade Miley.
    Marquis wasn't really doing what the Dbacks traded for him to do which was eat inning and keep them in ballgames. Now he is gone and the Dbacks rotation is no different than it was before the trade. This just goes to show the risk involved in rent-a-players or any deadline trade.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Marquis done for season

Ted Lilly, Jayson Vargas, Rodrigo Lopez, Bruce Chen, Chris Capuano, Bronso Arroyo, Chien Mien Wang, and Tom Gorzelanny all cleared waivers if they want another stop gap innings guy.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Interesting possibility:

UPDATE: The chances of Bauer earning a September call-up may have increased Sunday when Jason Marquis went down with a fractured fibula.
    It looks like the D-backs will call up Wade Miley for now, but GM Kevin Towers could be more open to calling up Bauer in a few weeks, especially if the team is unable to land a veteran via a waiver deal.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I welcome Bauer being called