View Poll Results: Did you know Kris Benson is on the 40 man roster?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st

0 0%
  • 2nd

0 0%
  • 3rd

1 20.00%
  • 4th

0 0%
  • 5th

4 80.00%

Thread: Where will the Diamondbacks finish in 2011?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

D'Backs Where will the Diamondbacks finish in 2011?

What do you do when you have one of the all time worst bullpens? Nearly throw out everything from the previous season and start anew. The DBacks acquired the likes of JJ Putz, David Hernandez, and Kam Mickolio to strengthen their pen. Granted, they dealt away about 40 homeruns for a pair of relatively untested arms but hey, they're trying right? They did strike gold by acquiring Daniel Hudson, who did great for them and has a bright future (unless I BS jinxed him, whoops). They have a capable top three in Hudson, Ian Kennedy and Joe Saunders and also added Zach Duke and Armando Galarraga. It won't be pretty, but it has the potential to avoid being pretty ugly. The offense will be a mish mash of Upton, Young, Montero combined with a journeyman platter of Melvin Mora, Geoff Blum, Xavier Nady, Jan Miranda and the immortal Willie Bloomquist.

On second thought, this could be worse than pretty ugly.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Where will the Diamondbacks finish in 2011?

They will finish last but they have a decent rotation. Hudson, Kennedy, Saunders, Enright and Duke/Galarraga. This team should have a lot less strikeouts than last year which would drive any manager crazy. If only Towers didn't fill the roster with utility players, this team might have a shot to get out of the bottom spot. Putz should be a godsend compared to what was closing last year. I expect a better record than last year but remaining at the bottom spot.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

"I am the Great Mickolio! I need TP for my bunghole!"

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

They have a decent core of hitters in Upton, Young, Drew, and Montero, in addition to last year's comeback player Kelly Johnson. Conversely, Gerardo Parra looks to be an empty batting average hitter, and Melvin Mora is, well, Melvin Mora. I also don't like their rotation after Kennedy and Hudson.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Plus they signed Frandsen today!!

Banned
    Rookie ERA

I really don't think the Dodgers and Padres have a better team then the D-Backs. They should finish 3rd around .500. I think the division will go down to the Giants and Rockies.