Thread: Webb To Skip A Start

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

D'Backs Webb To Skip A Start

Brandon Webb (shoulder) will miss his scheduled start on Saturday.
    Webb was still dealing with stiffness in his shoulder when he arrived at the ballpark on Wednesday, and was subsequently being sent to see the team physician. Manager Bob Melvin said the team will see how Webb is feeling on Thursday before making a decision as to whether or not tests will be necessary. Yusmeiro Petit will take his place in the rotation on Saturday.
    Scary situation for the Dbacks. If Webb does indeed have a serious injury in that shoulder, they are doomed. Haren can't carry that staff by himself and Davis and Garland scare no one. I hope its nothing serious because Webb is a KY boy and I love to watch him pitch.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Webb To Skip A Start

Brandon Webb, on the disabled list for only the second time in his career, is antsy to return to the Diamondbacks rotation. He's been on the DL since April 13 with tightness in his right (throwing) shoulder. "It's real tough," said Webb, who threw 33 pitches in the bullpen before Tuesday's game. "I'm used to going out there every five days and throwing, trying to help the team and now just sitting back on the sidelines and not be able to do anything really, it's tough. "So I'm definitely ready to get back out there and try to help the team." Webb is scheduled to throw again Friday, and he said he might be able to make it a longer session. There is no timetable for his return.
    Webb could come back all he wants but he will likely be like Haren at 0-3 with a sub-2 ERA.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

PHOENIX -- Arizona Diamondbacks ace Brandon Webb will be shut down for three weeks in a significant setback to his attempt to recover from shoulder problems that have sidelined him since his opening-day start.
    Shoulder problems, eh? Looks like I found Jason Schmidt's replacement.

Ned, show him the 45 million dollars, please.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

DBacks are in serious trouble and Webb is not going to get that payday for sure.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Tough luck for Webb. It has to be rough to pitch like he has, only to see your contract offer pulled by the organization that has been with you your entire career and injuries like this are only pushing him closer and closer to a damaged goods label.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

3 weeks is conservative, MLB.com is saying 6 weeks. Webb to be sidelined for six weeks | MLB.com: News