Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fake Fans

Fake Fans

I live in wyoming close to the Col. Rockies. Its so funny to here all the locals get made when the Dbacks or any team win over the Rocks. Rocks had a great season last year and to see all the fake fans out there saying that "Yea I been a fan forever" and they dont have a clue at all. Just because they made to the World Series evryone up here all of the sudden our a Rockies fans. That drives me crazy! Now that the Rockies got off to a bad start i dont see 1 Rockie fan at all.

I am knew to this site but i just had to get that out there. Sorry to all the true Rockies fans that read this but you know what im talking about.

I hope to see the dbacks win today.

MLB ERA

Re: Fake Fans

It's amazing how many fair weather fans you see come out of hiding when a team starts winning.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

I just get mad because most of them dont know where left filed is. You know its just. ahhhhh
    anyway thanks for the reply

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

All that remains is for a Colorado U.S. senator to praise the heroics of Troy Nowitzki, Matt Holiday, Tom Helton and Brian Puentes.

They should root for their team, win, lose, or tie.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    It's amazing how many fair weather fans you see come out of hiding when a team starts winning.
    DId you just do what I think you did?

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dbackies View Post
    I live in wyoming close to the Col. Rockies. Its so funny to here all the locals get made when the Dbacks or any team win over the Rocks. Rocks had a great season last year and to see all the fake fans out there saying that "Yea I been a fan forever" and they dont have a clue at all. Just because they made to the World Series evryone up here all of the sudden our a Rockies fans. That drives me crazy! Now that the Rockies got off to a bad start i dont see 1 Rockie fan at all.

I am knew to this site but i just had to get that out there. Sorry to all the true Rockies fans that read this but you know what im talking about.

I hope to see the dbacks win today.
    Well, you got what you were hoping for. Another good game by the D-backs.

Of course people come out of the woodwork when a team wins. In Rockies' fans defense, it was awfully hard to get excited about this team until the past couple of years. Hell, I used to follow and go to the games religiously. Then it became pointless to support the team. It was a 10 year rebuilding process, and it sucked. I still followed them, watched them, but stopped going to games. It wasn't fun anymore, and why should I pay to keep supporting them when they weren't investing in keeping players.

I am a fan though, and always will be. I was at the first ever game at Mile High, and spent many summer days and nights watching the Rockies. I can't wait to be able to get to some games this year, too.

I lived in Cheyenne until December, and honestly I didn't see many Rockies fans up there last October, either. They care more about Rodeos and being rednecks. Glad we got out of there.

It happened with the Broncos as well. The problem is, a lot of people around here are from other parts of the country and really add to the usual fair-weather population you get elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Matt Holiday,
    Well, is leaving an L off his name THAT big of a deal? The other ones I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    They should root for their team, win, lose, or tie.
    True. Or in the case of Oakland Raider fans you cheer for them because they have "tough colors" as so many around here do.
    Or like the guy I met today that didn't know what a "blackshirt" was but was just a Nebraska fan because "Colorado Buffalo fans hate Nebraska, so that's why I like them".
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    DId you just do what I think you did?
    It is scary that you, Leo and I agree on this point.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Rockiesfan_H View Post
    The problem is, a lot of people around here are from other parts of the country and really add to the usual fair-weather population you get elsewhere.
    You're telling this to a San Diego fan?

When they made it, All of the sudden everyone and there mother was a DIE HARD FAN. Then when they LOST, it was back to no fans at all.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

They're also known as frontrunner fans or band wagon fans. Every team/city has them. And yes, they can be PITA's. We even have some of those fans here.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

I know that there evrywhere but its gets old.

MLB ERA

Out of curiosity, you say you're a new D-Backs fan.

What made you decide to start rooting for them?

In my job right now i move a lot. In the next 6 months or so my family and i are goning to be moving to arizona for good. I was always a baseball fan but i never had time to follow it untill now. so i figured that i will be living there so join up with the team. Im not a fan because of what they did last year, I like to root for the team of the state im living in.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rockiesfan_H View Post
    Well, is leaving an L off his name THAT big of a deal? The other ones I agree with.
    No, it's not a big deal. I just didn't bother to come up something more clever with Holliday's name. But that's besides the premise of my potshot at Ted Kennedy's knowledge of baseball.

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Rockies Re: Fake Fans

You're telling this to a San Diego fan?
    Well, you're a fan, but you don't live in SD correct?

You guys should have seen all of the Steelers stuff on cars and people wearing it around after they beat the Broncos in the AFC Championship game in 2005. Now? Not so much.
    Band waggoners are everywhere, and every team has them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbackies View Post
    When they made it, All of the sudden everyone and there mother was a DIE HARD FAN. Then when they LOST, it was back to no fans at all.
    Well, apparently there is still interest around here based on attendance figures.
    ESPN - MLB Attendance - Major League Baseball Attendance
    Colorado is ranked 11th in average home attendance, and Arizona is 15th. Colorado also had higher figures last year. I also remember Arizona having trouble selling their playoff games last year.

So, are maybe the Arizona fans MORE bandwagon? Just a thought?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast