Thread: Not So Fast Mr. Haren

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

D'Backs Not So Fast Mr. Haren

In a S3F article "Pocket Aces" written by our talented Porter, it gave options as to who you think is the best 1-2 punch in the rotation. I picked Webb and Haren as a no brainer. Now I have to change my mind after I read this from rotoworld.com.

Dan Haren (SP, Arizona Diamondbacks) – Moving to the weaker NL will give Haren a value boost, but he'll miss the vast foul territory in Oakland and figures to see his ERA jump while going to one of baseball's most hitter-friendly environments in Arizona. Consider that Haren has a 3.43 career ERA in Oakland, compared to a 4.11 ERA everywhere else, and you may think twice about betting on him to compete for another ERA title this year.
    A very interesting tidbit on Haren if I do say so my damn self.

MLB ERA

Re: Not So Fast Mr. Haren

interesting, although I still believe he will be successful...maybe he wont be a Cy Young tho....but he'll still help that team.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Haren won't win the ERA title but he'll still piss off a lot of fans of division rivals. Not me, though. I've got my chill pills.

MLB ERA

I'm still sure it won't help the Dodgers/Padres/Rockies. Who knows, Haren may improve on that statistic too.