Thread: DBacks Shopping Jackson

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

DBacks Shopping Jackson

MLB sources told the Tribune's Phil Rogers that the Diamondbacks played Conor Jackson in left field Monday in order to showcase him for a potential trade to the White Sox.
    The Diamondbacks aren't giving up Jackson for Jose Contreras and we can rule out Javier Vazquez as a possibility -- he's in Chicago because he demanded a trade out of Arizona -- so it looks like they're targeting Jon Garland or maybe even John Danks. The White Sox would probably want a quality prospect along with Jackson in return for Danks. Even that might not be enough.
    Jackson hasn't has the best season but does possess a .364 OBP and doesn't strike out a lot. He's 25 and has a decent season last year. I wouldn't mind him in a Giants uniform.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: DBacks Shopping Jackson

I wouldn't mind him in an A's uniform either.

Jackson demanded a trade out of AZ? Anyone know why? Is he behind other young players / OF specs? I heard that was why they weren't going to even try to sign Eric Byrnes, but now Jackson being traded, too?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: DBacks Shopping Jackson

Unless Tony Clark counts as a young player in your book, there's no one blocking Jackson from keeping his job at first base. Chris Carter is hitting well at AAA Tuscon, but I don't know if he's as highly regarded as a hitting prospect as Jackson was.