View Poll Results: Who goes on the banner?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Edgar Gonzalez

6 75.00%
  • Livan Hernandez

2 25.00%

Thread: Livan Hernandez or Edgar Gonzalez?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Livan Hernandez or Edgar Gonzalez?

I've been in the process of banner creation/design for quite some time now and versus getting new pictures of players in the old uniforms, until action pictures that are suiting are released, I am going with the press release pictures. A bit pointless yes, but it will take some time for there to be pictures I would want to use in game actions. And unlike the Reds, the Diamondbacks actually had at least a couple players of significance to model the uniforms (with them swinging a bat, with a ball and glove, ie: I could put them on the banner), the only problem is that Webb's pictures I've seen were pretty poor and just wouldn't be fitting. So until I can get a choice action shot of him for the banner down the road, who would you rather see on the banner between these two as they were the best pictures of pitchers wearing a new uni.

Just vote if you care. I am primarily making this poll so you guys know I didn't choose to keep a guy lof B Webb's caliber from being on the banner for his team.

Thanks.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Nothing good out of John Conor Jackson or Carlos Quentin? Or Drew.

Alright, clearly go with the young guy cause Hernandez could easily be traded during the season. And I don't know about you, but having a guy with an ERA almost around 5... isn't banner material.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Big Unit's a D-Back, you know.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Out of everyone: General makes a great point. Unit's the biggest name left, possibly the best non Brandon Webb choice. Additionally, new guy Doug Davis, in spite of last year, has been very good for the two years prior.

Among the Two: Edgar Gonzalez is young enough to be worth a shot
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I got a perfectly fine picture of a batter. And of course I realize RJ is a D'Back again, but his pictures are press pictures at the conference for his trade and just not suiting. Even though the ones I am selecting from are media pictures as well, they do have somewhat of a game type feel to them since I suppose they were what was distributed on AP.

Edgar Gonzalez is my choice though as well.

MLB ERA
    I would say Edgar and Randy.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Sorry I miseed this mission. Thankx for the update

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    No problem. And just to clarify, I really was limited in these pictures to Livan Hernandez, Edgar Gonzalez and Brandon Webb (Webb wasn't selected as the picture cut off at both of his arms and he was just smiling versus the other pictures having no cutoff and them with a glove and a ball.) Edgar will be on it, but when I can find action pics of RJ or Webb that is suiting, it will be changed.

Thanks again.