Thread: Diamondbacks Offseason Notes

MLB ERA

D'Backs Diamondbacks Offseason Notes

Doug Davis, who is eligible for free agency after next season, is hopeful of receiving a multiyear offer to remain with the Diamondbacks.
    "Doug is definitely interested in being in Arizona," agent Steve Canter said. "He definitely would like to be with the D'Backs for a long time, and I think they're very interested, too." Davis would likely ask for about $8 million per year to stay with Arizona beyond 2007. He's likely to command $5 million-$6 million in his final year of arbitration.

The Diamondbacks intend to offer abitration to Craig Counsell and Miguel Batista, but probably not to Luis Gonzalez.
    That may be why the Gonzalez rumors have quieted lately, as no team wants to give up a draft pick for him by signing him before Dec. 2. Making the offer to Counsell is a bit of a risk, as he could get a higher salary through arbitration than elsewhere. However, the Diamondbacks know he wants more playing time than the team could give him.

Diamondbacks infielder Andy Green and the Nippon Ham Fighters have agreed to terms, Nippon Ham chief supervisor Toshimasa Shimada said Monday.
    The two sides have been talking since shortly after the regular season ended. Green still has to clear major league waivers, but that shouldn't be much of a problem.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    D-Backs meet with Mulder, may take chance on lefty

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2681839

I would not mind if we signed him.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Of ourse you wouldn't. Webb, Davis, Hernandez and Mulder make a pretty good and balanced lienup.