Thread: Diamondbacks angry with Dodgers...

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

D'Backs Diamondbacks angry with Dodgers...

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_4012629

The curiously placed pitch did come at an interesting time, given that four different Diamondbacks pitchers had hit three different Dodgers batters five different times in the first two games of the series, including hot-hitting Nomar Garciaparra three times in Monday's opener.

Dodgers reliever Jonathan Broxton hit Arizona's Conor Jackson (ElCamino Real of Woodland Hills) in the seventh inning Monday, after which Arizona reliever Randy Choate plunked Garciaparra in the bottom of the same inning and was ejected.

This time, it was J.D. Drew who took one from reliever Brandon Medders in the fifth inning, providing the backdrop against which the Baez-Green drama would later unfold. Baez vehemently denied hitting Green intentionally, barking an expletive of his own when told of Gonzalez's comments.

"I was trying to go inside, but the ball caught him and hit him," Baez said. "Everyone knows I pitch inside to everybody, so it's nothing new (against) any team."
    I can understand being upset since it was a blowout, but hey...if you're going to hit guys intentionally or not, you have to expect the other team will hit you back. And the Diamondbacks hit more Dodgers anyway (5 - 2) so I don't know why they're *****ing.

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.........
    WAAAAAHHHHHHH......
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    I opened this thread thinking maybe the Dodgers broke up a no-hitter with a bunt single in the 9th inning or something.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    nope, just hypocrites getting mad

MLB ERA

Padres

OMG, they're still talking about this.....Gonzo called it gutless, as if to call them out.......OK, maybe Gonzo is going for the next managerial job for the D'Bags......or trying to get the team psyched up.....Brennaman and Grace are blaming the media.........

D'Bags have always been crybabies.....I know Leo and other Pads fans recall the time Ben Davis spoiled the no-hitter in the 9th for them after Brenley and Co claimed that he should have been handed that no-hitter by the Pads.........Never got that myself. This is baseball yo. These things happen. Why do you think I SO loved that Barrett-Pierzynski infraction a while back.....its baseball people......these things happen.....and if they don't happen you make them happen. If for nothing else to get your team psyched up. Trash talk et all........

Some one here in another thread mentioned the new breed of catchers. I had to chuckle. These catchers today have no idea of how to motivate a team. Some of you are poo-pooing the choice of LoDuca as the NL AS selection. Have you all ever really watched LoDuca? He is an in your face catcher, like the old school catchers. Like my Dad taught me to play catcher.

In baseball you have to make things happen sometimes. Even if it seems on the shady side. It is a skill that not many still posess. Scioscia is about the best that I have seen at it lately. Maybe Melvin has some of that in him too.

The D'bags and Dogs meet again after the AS break. Let's stay tuned and see what happens......
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bob Melvin is a laidback style manager. Have you seen Melvin bumping heads with an umpire yet?

LoDuca is a hard-nosed catcher but if he weren't playing in New York he wouldn't have the votes he got. He's a guy who gets no love from "objective" stat heads.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    LoDuca is a hard-nosed catcher but if he weren't playing in New York he wouldn't have the votes he got. He's a guy who gets no love from "objective" stat heads.
    LoDuca and NY D-N-C.....My exposure to him was west coast. And......yeah I know if he weren't east coast, he'd a never got the votes.....goes without saying......and stat heads are SO over-rated......IMO.....although I do know that is where baseball is headed.....stat heads will rule one day soon.....the ruination of the game I tell ya......

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    Some of you are poo-pooing the choice of LoDuca as the NL AS selection. Have you all ever really watched LoDuca? He is an in your face catcher, like the old school catchers. Like my Dad taught me to play catcher.
    To be honest I really haven't actually watched him play all too much.

I'm a bit of a stat geek and that's pretty much why I frown upon his selection (well that and that he mainly got in for his uniform) But if this is the case then I can be cool with his selection more and have more respect for the guy.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    LoDuca and NY D-N-C.....My exposure to him was west coast. And......yeah I know if he weren't east coast, he'd a never got the votes.....goes without saying......and stat heads are SO over-rated......IMO.....although I do know that is where baseball is headed.....stat heads will rule one day soon.....the ruination of the game I tell ya......
    it's been my understanding that stat heads have ruled the baseball world for longer than i've been alive....although it is getting more overwhelming with new and confusing ones being introduced.

With certain positions, catcher actually being one of them, I agree with you that stats are a bit overated.

They can also be manipulated wrong with any position to make a player seem good when he isn't, and there's also intangables that can't be measured accuratley by stats. (Defense especially)

But, all that said, stats are a valuable commodity to gauge a player's worth if they're used correctly. As long as you use them as a guide and not a end-all-be-all (that i'm sometimes guilty of, honestly) then stats are a beautiful tool in baseball.