Thread: Is the truth about Gonzo coming out ?

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Is the truth about Gonzo coming out ?

PHOENIX (AP) -- Arizona left fielder Luis Gonzalez reacted angrily Thursday after the Diamondbacks' top executive told a newspaper there have been "whispers" about whether the five-time All-Star used performance-enhancing drugs..........

Gonzalez hit 57 homers in 2001, the year the Diamondbacks won the World Series. His previous high was 31 homers, and he hasn't hit more than 28 in a season since.

Asked if he believed Grimsley was the only Diamondbacks player to use performance-enhancing drugs, Kendrick told the newspaper, "Absolutely, I don't think he is."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I love how this guy never gets implicated in anything when he just came out of the blue and crushed a lot in 2001, the same year Barry did his thing. At least Barry was always a power hitter. They went after Brady Anderson and not this guy?

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever
    "Absolutely, I don't think he is."
    Typical jerk wad response. Which is it? He is or he isn't? This fool wasn't even around the AZ team in 2001. Speaking of douche bags......way to boost the morale of your team buddy. They're already on a losing streak and this nimrod adds to the frustrations.....he needs to be fired stat.....
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

AZ Players respond

Kendricks code of conduct

If my local paper had a better website I could post Gonzos response.....basically he said he woke up to the headlines in the AZ paper and was totally in shock......and of course denied any previous use.....
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    I love how this guy never gets implicated in anything when he just came out of the blue and crushed a lot in 2001, the same year Barry did his thing. At least Barry was always a power hitter. They went after Brady Anderson and not this guy?
    it's a product of falling out of the spotlight, he'd be getting just as much shit if he were still doing it.

But whenever their names come up, at least in my perverbial circles, both Brady Anderson and Luis Gonzalez are near the top of the list of "suspects"

You just don't hear about it as much because they aren't breaking records nor are they still hitting them out
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    He'd also be getting more shit if his face was the poster child for Balco, and he was attacking the HR record.......but he's not, and neither is anyone else right now....

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    There were plenty of people they talked about and Gonzo was never one of them and his power came out of nowhere. Only reason I brought up Bonds was because it was in the same year so I could see where he would get overshadowed but no one has said a word about him. I personally think a guy can have a fluke year but to not give this guy shit is just unfair to everyone else for hitting 20 homers more than the previous year.

MLB ERA
    by the time roids came into the spotlight Gonzo's numbers were already on a downard spiral.

Again, if i'm casually speaking about possible users with my friends Gonzo's name almost inevitably comes up at some point.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Well get your own talk show and get it in the media like everyone else's name. Like I said, Brady Anderson's name gets brought up because of his one fluke year. Gonzo never gets mentioned in the media because he is nice and a WS hero.

MLB ERA
    He's been apart of just about every roids topic I've been involved in.....but as Hollywood said, his #'s dipped by the time the issues really hit so it's more in passing.....like Nevin, Klesko, and many others........