Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S3F Has A New Look

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

S3F Has A New Look

Well, if anything it's a version 1.5 type of look. I still enjoyed the concept that Eddie Vasquez (aka Steelo) designed for us last year so I decided to put my own touch on it and incorporate both the elements of that and S3F in general to the style. I am not trying to sound boastful, but I sincerely believe that we are one of the best looking baseball forums on the net and one with a unique look.

It is a different look, no doubt and I can understand if some of you enjoy the old look. That's why you can find all the old styles with the updated banners and graphics to go with them labled as "Style X- S3F Classic." This would also be your best if for some reason the new styles do not work well with your browser.

And I realize that some of you like a full screen look (or need it due to a high resolution or large monitor) so we got you covered there as well, simply look for the styles labeled as "Style Y- S3F Classic (Wide.)"

This is months of work and given the magnitude of it all (34 new styles, 68 updated syles) there are bound to be a few things funky with the graphics or font colors so just be patient and I'll correct them all soon enough. Hopefully you will all enjoy the new look and this will be just the thing to kick off a new season of baseball and year two of Strike 3 Forums.

I would like to thank redsrbetter, Fishercat, Lynch, marinersfan87, CincyRedsFan30, PacMan and General for helping me out with style tests over the past couple weeks. Your input helped a lot. I did not personally design the style (AKA the structural layout) as an outside resource did that, but design of the graphics and the majority of all buttons you see were my work, I just wanted to clear that up.

MLB ERA
    You the man mish.

Looks freaking awesome.

MLB ERA
    holy crap, i love the new Padres look
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    i like it, but i'm kinda iffy on the whole board colors, like i love the graphix, but this steel color stuff i dunno lol.

maybe it'll take some time to get used toq
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    I sincerely believe that we are one of the best looking baseball forums on the net and one with a unique look.
    Can't argue with that!
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

AA ERA
    I think it looks great... Nice job Mission!
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Good job Mission

Wow, at first it was like "whoa" and now its like "Damn, this is hot"

MLB ERA
    I love the new style. Awesome.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Good job!

Definitely a unique style. Really, I've already gotten somewhat use to it.

Now as for the red text in SBSL and the grey text in the third strikes sim league, not sure if I can get use to that.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Like I said, there is a lot I still need to change and tweak. When doing a project like this as a one man army designing the graphics and tweaking the styles, the easiest way to do it is find what works (the default S3F style) and just repeat it (over and over again.) Sometimes it works and other times it doesnt and the pattern has to be altered slightly, a color might be too bright or out of place or whatever (like the styles you mentioned, TSSL in particular.) Rest assured, that will all be cleared up in the next few days as I can slow down my pace and go over everything more carefully.

Don't worry about it. I was just sarcastically joking about it. I've actually gotten use to the red text in SBSL.

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21

I would like to thank redsrbetter, Fishercat, Lynch, marinersfan87, CincyRedsFan30, PacMan and General for helping me out with style tests over the past couple weeks. Your input helped a lot.

No problem

Like I told you a couple days ago, it looks great. Very different

MLB ERA
    you're kidding!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast