Thread: Don't forget, we are on Facebook and Twitter.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Attention! Don't forget, we are on Facebook and Twitter.

As we're in the thick of things in the 2011 season, we're committing ourselves to be more active through social networking schemes.

Missionhockey21 leads the Twitter charge. https://twitter.com/#!/baseballslant

I am handling Facebook. Baseball Slant | Facebook

So, if you do not follow BaseballSlant on either medium, please do, we will not bite. And don't be shy to tell your baseball loving fans, they can follow us as well, then sign up here and join the fun. And snarkiness. And Matt Stairs love-a-palooza.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Don't forget, we are on Facebook and Twitter.

I'm going to be honest; it really gets old seeing snarky remarks when I don't appreciate having them in topics that I take seriously. I'm also especially annoyed by my posts being upended by useless trivia that make no difference to my point and the constant baiting. What you may call snarky, I call the epitome of douchebaggery.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 04-16-2011 at 08:09 AM.

MLB ERA

Baiting? You mean like bringing up 5 month old posts in a thread that has nothing to do with the topic?

Congrats. You reeled me in.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I've been wanting to say something about the value, or lack of, in snarkiness for awhile now. It just so happens that your "niche" of mock posts/threads, which not coincidentally are often directed at me, illustrate my complaint. But really, fuck any one of you who uses snarkiness to mock my frustrations as a baseball fan.

MLB ERA

Mofo, have you ever been told the phrase that "things only have power over you because you give them power."?

Because you can't control other people; so maybe the problem here is your irritability over insignificant things.

Just sayin'

Please don't beat the crap out of me in a dark parking lot.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Eh, probably. But before anybody suggests that it's my own doing because I baited Charger fans in TheNFLforums, I would say it is stupid and baseless to compare me as a fan to such homers. I can understand getting mocked for if I brag that my team is teH juggernaut and if I shit all over your teams.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

For the record mofo, my snark is meant to be fun in nature. I do think it is very fair to point it out though as that concept can be taken too far. You are a passionate fan who cares about their team and I have a hard time saying that most serious fans wouldn't have similar reactions if their team was making the kind of decisions and spectacle like your's has.

As for the topic, don't forget to tell your friends. For all you know your girlfriend's brother's ex-roomate's cousin's dry-cleaner could be our next great poster.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm incensed to do a full week of Dodger posts on Facebook now cause of realpunktalk. I'm going to lead off on Monday with a poem for Jason Repko, and Tuesday will be haikus about Delino Deshields. Stay tuned!

.....not
    Ted

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    What you may call snarky, I call the epitome of douchebaggery.
    Hmmm, you mean like when someone pokes fun at the misery of another fan's team having a horrid start to the season along with the added drama of losing a player to retirement due to the embarrassment of yet another suspension and replies something like this?????

It gives me great pleasure to say..

Mofo, thy name is irony.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Things aren't bad until you've been a Mets fan. Or a pirates, royals, or Expos/Natinals fan. Sure, granted, the Divorce McCourt thing sucks completely for Mofo and the Dodger fan base, but it's a black eye for baseball period if you think about it. Mofo always brings up a legit point that one of the most storied and proud franchises, lately scrapes the bottom of the barrel for things like Jay Gibbons, when that's usually what you see the Pirates or Nationals do.

But if I have a point, we're all baited. You could say anything about any team, to enrage a poster. It happens.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tobywan View Post
    Hmmm, you mean like when someone pokes fun at the misery of another fan's team having a horrid start to the season along with the added drama of losing a player to retirement due to the embarrassment of yet another suspension and replies something like this?????

Mofo, thy name is irony.
    I'm sorry that your team was Raytarded enough to bank its season on a known cheater with shit for brains who had already been suspended once for 50 games and thus would face a 100 game suspension if he ever popped again.

Besides, the last thing I needed is for him to enjoy a huge comeback year for the Rays while on the Dodgers' dime because surely then I would have never heard the end of it.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 04-18-2011 at 11:09 PM.

Rookie ERA

I'm sorry that your team was Raytarded enough to bank its season on a known cheater with shit for brains who had already been suspended once for 50 games and thus would face a 100 game suspension if he ever popped again.

Besides, the last thing I needed is for him to enjoy a huge comeback year for the Rays while on the Dodgers' dime because surely then I would have never heard the end of it.
    Sorry, my fat ass. Blast Manny all you want, but an organization making an attempt to give someone a second chance regardless of the circumstances or the outcome is actually something to praise not chastise. A fan that makes an attempt to accept that decision from their team is exactly that, a fan. That’s a low blow, perhaps I have given you more credit than deserved.

You wouldn’t have heard anything about it from me IF Manny had done well here and that’s precisely what I am talking about. I don’t throw around derogatory versions of other team’s names, not even the Yankees or the Red Sox. As much as I despise Rat Pat Burrell, I didn’t go into the Giants feel good WS thread and shit all over it by harping about him, he was one of the pieces that led them there. The point is, you were rubbing it in and why??? When have I ever come in and blasted any players or the Dodgers as a team even when you are going on one of your rants???

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tobywan View Post
    Sorry, my fat ass. Blast Manny all you want, but an organization making an attempt to give someone a second chance regardless of the circumstances or the outcome is actually something to praise not chastise. A fan that makes an attempt to accept that decision from their team is exactly that, a fan.
    That's your opinion, not mine. After the circus Manny put L.A. through with his 141-day contract battle, the 50-game suspension, his half-hearted apology ("I didn't kill nobody. I didn't rape nobody."), his lackluster performance that followed, and his repeated stints on the DL, excuse me if I choose to vomit at the notion that another organization giving this prick another chance is worthy of praise.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

I a a Tweeter and have found Baseball Slant there. You can follow me if you care to at swingingbunt10.