Thread: B/S Shared Threads

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Baseball Slant B/S Shared Threads

Ever want to post a thread to two (or more) forums? Not only that but have that same thread be on both forums to ensure that all interested parties can see it and discuss it? Yep, Shared Threads are back thanks to our awesome developer Brian!

If you create a series thread and want to share that discussion on the other team forum, go for it. When a trade goes down and you post it, you can share it with Hot off The Wire plus with the teams involved. Maybe a player talked smack about another team (I am looking at your Brandon Phillips).... you know what to do, share it. Sharing the discussion reduces duplicate threads of similar content, and turns the activity up to 11.

In baseball forums, you will see a new form under the thread title box, and by using CTRL+select (or Command+Select) you can pick the forums you would like to share your discussion to. Let's walk through an example:

Roy Halladay just made history against the Reds, so I went to the Reds forum and clicked to make a new thread. I then selected to share this thread with the Phillies forum and the Major League Baseball forum, it is history after all. (Make sure you do not have "None" accidentally selected.)

I posted my new thread and I see on the thread that this was successfully shared.

If you see the share icon on the forum, you can hover to see what forums the thread is shared with.

Easy, huh? Not all forums can share to other forums, but for all the games, trades, rumors and more that don't have a one forum fits all policy, give it a try!

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: B/S Shared Threads

Excellent.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Same as before, right?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yep, same deal. I have a few ideas to add to the functionality, but first I just wanted to get it back and working as it once did.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Our next step is sharing wives/girlfriends. It's in the beginning stages. And no, Foster, we won't be sharing moms.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.