Thread: Facebook Connect on B/S

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Baseball Slant Facebook Connect on B/S

As some of you know, we have had Facebook Connect on B/S in the past. So while this isn't new, the integration should be tighter and improved as it is part of vBulletin's development with future vB releases.

The main advantages to using Facebook Connect with your account include easy log-ins and sharing threads or posts you create with your friends on your wall. You only share what you want to share and you can always disconnect in the future to go back to the way things used to be *cue somber music* so the risk is minimal. Plus, all members, whether you use FB Connect or not, can "Like" threads too.

Below over the next few posts, I will detail a few of these features and just how easy it is to use.
    Last edited by missionhockey21; 09-05-2010 at 04:31 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You Like Us Don't You?

You Like Us Don't You?

See a thread that you think is great and share worthy, but don't want to take the time to go to your wall, copy and paste a link, think of something clever to say (very few of us are blessed this way) and just want an easier way? Now you have it you cry baby. You don't even need to use Facebook Connect.

Step 1: Go to the thread you adore.
    Step 2: Look to the right of the thread title, see the Facebook Like button?

Step 3: Good, you're not blind. Once you hit that button (try not to leave a bruise), you'll see your like in all of it's glory. You can even Unlike it you want. Don't you dare.

Step 4: View your Facebook feed and profit! Your friends can now go see what all the hubbub is about.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Make A Connection, A B/S Connection

Make A Connection, A B/S Connection

Step 1: To take advantage of the cool features of Facebook Connect, you first need to log-in with your B/S account like normal. I shouldn't have to help here... but I am bored and Photoshop is up.

Step 2: You'll need to click the Connect button up in the top right navigation.

Step 3: Are you still with me? Good. Remember, we can use the buddy system if needed. Once you hit connect, a pop-up window will come up from Facebook, asking you to login if you weren't already logged-in.

Step 4: Once you login to Facebook, you will be directed back to B/S and you will be asked if you want to link your two accounts. You can even use your Facebook profile pic as an avatar. Select to Link Accounts.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Share How You Love To Spend Your Time B/S'ing

Share How You Love To Spend Your Time B/S'ing

Step 1: You can share what you are doing on B/S with all of your friends, and enemies who are friends (frenemies.) Just check the box on any thread, post or blog you are making!

Step 2: You'll see another pop-up, asking for your permission to post to your wall. (This only happens one time.)

Step 3: Once you okay it, run a thorough background check, etc, you can share, posts you make, threads, or even blogs here on B/S. Your posts are poems, share them with the world.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

One Click Login (Thank You Facebook)

One Click Login (Thank You Facebook)

Step 1: Congrats, you connected sun of a gun. You can now login using just the Connect button. Assuming you are logged-in already on Facebook, this makes getting on B/S super easy. Well, do it, click Connect.
    (And don't worry your sweet sweaty heads B/S purists, you can still type out your passwords and go through the usual routine... like cavemen.)

Step 2: Your login will look like it always has.

Step 3: You'll see now in the top right navigation that you are connected to Facebook. Easy... almost too easy, hmmm.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Facebook Connect on B/S

*reserved*

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm Bored, Leave Me Alone Facebook

I'm Bored, Leave Me Alone Facebook

Tired of Facebook? You want to give a junk punch to Zuckerberg... in his wallet... next to his groin? Sure. It's easy to disconnect.

Step 1: Go to your settings, click the Connections tab on the left and do your magic.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Facebook Connect on B/S

Fancy...