Thread: Strike3Forums.com Celebrates It's 4th Year Alive: The Saga of a Baseball Forum

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Baseball Slant Strike3Forums.com Celebrates It's 4th Year Alive: The Saga of a Baseball Forum

Strike3Forums.com is officially celebrating the fourth year of discussing the best game on the planet in the most insightful, funny, and irrelevant way we can imagine. One year in baseball can change a lot, let alone four years. And we have seen new stadiums built while relics of the past were torn down. We’ve seen new stars rise to the top of the baseball world and our favorites of the past leave the game or fade into obscurity. The game itself has begun to shift too as sabermetrics have became a more important part of the common front office as fielding and fundamentals have been given more weight while one dimensional slugging is not viewed as favorably as it once was. Scandal after scandal has rocked the foundation of the game, but this sport has been proven to be a resilient one as there are no fans like true baseball fans. But the one thing that has remained constant over these four years and against all odds is that Strike3Forums has been here for us to discuss this game, share a few laughs, and to learn from one another.

The goal of this site has always been to provide a spot for baseball discussion not found elsewhere on the web. A forum where intelligent baseball discussion is valued but also where humor can be appreciated. You do not need to be a genius or a master of wit to be a great member here, but a thirst for baseball and having fun is a must, even from our snarkiest of members. We have tried to remain true to this from day one until now.

The site itself has gone through changes, from new layouts to new focus. While not every change has worked as plan, all were done with the intention of making the site the best it can be. That mission will not change. Part of this announcement is to also let you know that I now own Strike3Forums.com and I plan to keep this community alive for many years to come. Meck of TheNFLForums.com gave this forum the time it needed to develop into what it is today and I plan to keep it going. This however will not be possible without your support, whether you share the site with friends to bring more fans into our discussion, contribute your thoughts on the forums, or do anything that you believe will make S3F the site to come to for the best MLB discussion on the net.

Strike3Forums.com is you, all of you. While it is true that some members have left over the years and others have joined, there has always been a very strong and loyal membership base. Our intention has never been to force an opinion or attitude on you but to rather let your opinions define the tone of the site and what we represent. Many of us have known each other for years. We have seen members graduate, enter law school, get married, have children and more. We have been there for one another in both the good and bad times. The one thing you can’t buy or forcefully create is a sense of community and that is thanks to each and every poster on this site.

I have some exciting things planned for this season. They might not come immediately, but the ideas are there and they are ideas that I believe truly represent what the common S3F poster wants to see. I have tried my best to avoid an easy joke or a tangent into sarcasm, a rarity for myself, so I hope you know how sincere I am about this site and all of you who have made it the community that it is today.

I hope we will have many more years to see this game evolve, for our perceptions and understanding about baseball to deepen, and for us to strengthen the ties this community has here with both existing and new members.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for being a part of Strike3Forums.com. The season is only days away so whether you are here everyday or just returning, I hope we’ll see you back to discuss the 2009 season with us.

4 More Years! 4 More Years!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Strike3Forums.com Celebrates It's 4th Year Alive: The Saga of a Baseball Forum-s3fbirthday-gif  

MLB ERA

Re: Strike3Forums.com Celebrates It's 4th Year Alive: The Saga of a Baseball Forum

Its a pleasure Mission to be a part of the best site on the web, keep up the great work and we look forward to seeing the great changes you have in store for S3F
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

Re: Strike3Forums.com Celebrates It's 4th Year Alive: The Saga of a Baseball Forum

I'm delighted to have been here for all of it and have no plans of ever going anywhere else.

Keep up the good work guys and gals, and I'm looking forward to having this site inform me on the upcoming baseball season.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Happy Birthday Strike3!

Well put mission and it's been a pleasure to embark on this...e-journey...with all of you.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

I'm glad that I have been part of this forum for over 3 of the 4 years, and I don't plan on posting on any other baseball forum, this has been a great ride so far, keep up the great work my friend.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Looks like I missed this post last night.

HBD S3F.

Thanks to mission and redsr and everyone else who has put time/money/effort into keeping this place here, and I'm glad I can be a part of it.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Glad to join the revolution

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Happy B-Day S3F!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Awesome possum!!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Thanks to the talented mission and passionate redsr and everyone else for keeping the group together and this place here for 4 years. Let's make the fifth anniversary even better.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hau'oli la hanau to the bestest forum out there! Thanks mission and redsr for all that you do!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Holy hell, HCG knows Hawaiian?!?!?

Happy Birthday to the site that has survived President George Bush.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)