Thread: Sign Stealing 101 - It should help you win games.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Article Sign Stealing 101 - It should help you win games.

Baseball's Toronto Blue Jays under suspicion again of stealing signs at Rogers Centre - ESPN

So my Jays news feeds were blowing up this afternoon, all because of this.

Couple of pissed of White Sox, random stats all lead to someone making accusations that the Blue Jays were stealing signs in 2010. That's right, 2010. Record 85-77, finished 4th in the AL East. Shouldn't you want to be good if your cheating.

You can certainly paint me a homer, and I wouldn't be surprised you would. Just know that your article of question concludes in such a fashion...

By themselves, these numbers are circumstantial evidence. Unsupported by data, the four players' accounts might describe a scheme of uncertain impact. And without proper context, the Yankees' decision to mask their signs could be chalked up to paranoia. But together, the numbers, the stories and the actions indicate one certainty: Every pitch to a Blue Jay in Toronto is worth watching.

Rookie ERA

Re: Sign Stealing 101 - It should help you win games.

Yeah, right, when you have cheat just to hold on to 4th place??? Sounds to me like a bunch of sore losers that can't handle being beaten by a team outside the US.

MLB ERA

If it's true I personally don't have a problem with this, if people/players do have a problem with this blame MLB for not having rules in place for stealing signs, they have made it "it's part of the game" crap so now deal with it.

Also like Toby and Foster said stealing signs shows how
    much the Jays improved to a 4th place finish and using home vs away discrepancies is BS, I'm sure Philly, Colorodo, and NYY have a similar discrepancies.

MLB ERA

it is part of the game. If you don't want people stealing signs they should mask them better.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Apparently it was te White Sox that were complaining about it. Makes sense to me...

Also major props to the fans last night at SpyDome that were wearing white shirts, held up signs and generally made light of the situation.