Thread: Brett Lawrie Watch

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Blue Jays Brett Lawrie Watch

Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca reports that Brett Lawrie could be called up to make his major league debut on Friday.
    Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos would say only that Lawrie was "close" to a call-up and it was "just a decision we need to make," but several sources have told Davidi that Friday will be the day Lawrie will make his MLB debut. The third baseman sports a .354/.413/.677 batting line with 15 homers and 11 stolen bases with Triple-A Las Vegas this season. His defense at third is shaky, but he's ready to help out offensively right away.
    I read a a few days ago or so that the Jays' 3B went 0-45 for a stretch so they desperately needed Lawrie but because of Lawrie's defense, they didn't want to call him up just yet. Now its time to take the offense over the defense. I hope he is called up and I can't wait to see this kid hit.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Brett Lawrie Watch

Jason Nix, John MacDonald, E5, these have been the players we've rolled out this season at 3B.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

The last time I checked Lawrie had 15 home runs. It is certainly his defense that is holding him back, but he supposedly is getting better in the field.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lawrie has a fractured left hand and is looking more like a September callup. Sucks for both him and the Jays.

Rookie ERA

I think Maddon must have given them a call, they appear to be moving Bombtista to 3B, calling up Thames to play the OF and sent down McCoy

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Blue Jays purchased the contract of 3B Brett Lawrie from Triple-A Las Vegas.
    Finally, he arrives. Lawrie will take over at third base for the Blue Jays immediately, with Jose Bautista moving back to the outfield. The 21-year-old top prospect registered a .353 batting average, a 1.076 OPS and 18 home runs in 69 games this season at the Triple-A level
    While Lawrie's defense leaves much to be desired, I am ready to see the kid's bat. He should be fun to watch and help the Jays capture third place in the East.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lawrie hit his 1st MLB HR today

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The legend of Gordie Dougie grows.