Thread: Hamilton to Pass on Home Run Derby

MLB ERA

Rangers Hamilton to Pass on Home Run Derby

When Josh Hamilton makes his 4th straight all-star appearance this year, he is apparently not interested in taking part in the Home Run Derby. Since his historic performance hitting 28 home runs in the 1st round of the 2008 derby, Josh has not participated in one since.

"It's fun doing the Home Run Derby ... I enjoyed it," Hamilton said. "It's just a different situation. In '08 we weren't going to the playoffs. We weren't doing anything to get to postseason, we were just playing games. If I hurt myself, it was no big deal. The past few seasons have been different. We're moving in the right direction. I don't want to take that chance."
    Despite the show he would put on I sure can't argue with his logic. With a slim lead in the AL West the Rangers can't afford to lose Hamilton to more injuries. Always great to see the Rangers team first attitude coming through.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Rookie ERA

Re: Hamilton to Pass on Home Run Derby

Smart guy.

I wouldn't want my best hitter participating either.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Hamilton to Pass on Home Run Derby

I think his 2008 performance was good enough for a lifetime! I will never forget that for as long as I live. Let Granderson and Bautista wear themselves out.