Thread: Rays get robbed

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rays Rays get robbed

2011 spring training: Home of Rays starters Evan Longoria, David Price and Reid Brignac burglarized - ESPN

Longoria must be bad luck. Lets hope it doesn't carry over onto the field. As for Price, poor guy lost $50k in watches alone. I can't even fathom spending that much on something that goes on my wrist. Someone has some balls breaking into ballplayers houses.

Rookie ERA

Re: Rays get robbed

According to one of the local blurbs, one of the leads is a group of people that came by the house a few days ago asking the fellas if the house was for rent. Not thinking, they said we'll be out in a few days, might be available then....possibly they were casing the place. Perhaps Longo has a cross country stalker, too bad his AK_47 is gone, he might need it.

Rookie ERA

Ah, I see the bloggers are already out in force asking why Longoria owns an AK-47. Why not blog about why people rob other people, cause stealing is actually against the law.

Rookie ERA

2 suspects under arrest in ST burglary.

Supposedly none of the items stolen is recoverable, but players expressed relief in an arrest and possible "closure".

.......and the worm turns....

Suspects claim among the items was marijuana...now the boys clam up.

MLB has stated they will investigate since this could become a drug policy issue, the Rays? We're not going to comment on that.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I prefer my MLBers relaxed in their down time. Nothing will come of the accusation.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Agreed nothing more excites me than the thought of Ricky Romero high as shit in east LA

Rookie ERA

If the team were in first place and these particular players were not having issues ON the field as well I would say “nothing will come of it”…….MLB knows the only way they can give specific tests for recreational drugs is for there to be “cause” and this opens the door for suspicion . I would be very surprised if MLB doesn’t jump at the chance to make it an issue.

In a time when many teams mostly notably the Rays are having attendance issues the idea that this could be a possible reason for Longo’s problems, Price’s decline and Brignac not being able to swing is not going to set well. Also, this doesn’t go well with the Rays heavy campaign on being “family friendly”, if it is found that this is “accepted” by the team parents are not going to be very supportive, and neither will sponsors. This is a business that tries to promote a certain “image” and “message” and ………..”come see the Tampa Bay Doobie Rays” isn’t the one they want being put out there, regardless of whether many people think it's harmless.

On another note…a third suspect turned himself in, this may turn out to be a ring. I wouldn’t be surprised if new rumors of this being a drug deal gone wrong don’t start popping up.